Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tennessee Tesla Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard about where/when the service center will open in Knoxville?

dhanson is there something definite on Knoxville service certer. I suspect they may not be able to open a sales office due to dealer opposition but a service center may be a possibility.

On supercharging it looks like the immediate push is out of Dallas eastward. This is similar to the push out of Atlanta which led to Chatt and Knox SCs. It is likely that the Nashville SC was not part of the expansion plan and just came about as part of the development of the Service Center property under new ownership. I guess I hate to be pessimistic but it seems the only way TN gets SCs is to be on the route from one major population center to another.

How about some more details on a meet up in Knox on the 24th?

Ok, since we need at least 25 people to be officially recognized by Tesla, can I get everyone interested in joining to e-mail info (at) tntesla.org?

I want to start getting a list together and see how many folks we can get.

I'm also going to reach out to my contacts at the Nashville SC and get them to mention TNTOC to their new owners, as well as anyone that inquires.

Let me know if you have any questions! :cool:

Sent!

Reactions: ModelZ
Memphis-area M3 reservation here. If future owners can be counted for membership, count me in. I was an Audi Club member when I was awaiting an S3, but Audi pissed away the sale by taking too long. I'll be coming into the M3 out of the Cayman that I bought in place of the S3.

dhanson is there something definite on Knoxville service certer. I suspect they may not be able to open a sales office due to dealer opposition but a service center may be a possibility.

On supercharging it looks like the immediate push is out of Dallas eastward. This is similar to the push out of Atlanta which led to Chatt and Knox SCs. It is likely that the Nashville SC was not part of the expansion plan and just came about as part of the development of the Service Center property under new ownership. I guess I hate to be pessimistic but it seems the only way TN gets SCs is to be on the route from one major population center to another.

It is at West Towm Mall, expecting 5,000 cars.
I plan to arrive about 6:30 A.M. And hold as many spaces as I can for Tesla and EV cars.

TNEVol we welcome you to come join us.

Glad to see TN got a thread. Also be careful traveling through knoxville... supercharger is having problems.

This is my third or fourth time stopping here but this time I got ~60 miles and now it's going to 0amps and sporadically going up, charging slover than my house with single charger. Tried multiple stalls and I'm only one here.

Called in and they said "ya the power is really dirty there, the power company won't give us enough juice" seems really odd for 11:30 at night in April. Hope it's working Sunday when I need to drive back, just sold my chademo adapter less than a week ago too.

Glad to see TN got a thread. Also be careful traveling through knoxville... supercharger is having problems.

This is my third or fourth time stopping here but this time I got ~60 miles and now it's going to 0amps and sporadically going up, charging slover than my house with single charger. Tried multiple stalls and I'm only one here.

Called in and they said "ya the power is really dirty there, the power company won't give us enough juice" seems really odd for 11:30 at night in April. Hope it's working Sunday when I need to drive back, just sold my chademo adapter less than a week ago too.

Good news is so far it's working good today, with 1 other car charging too.