Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible experience at Indianapolis Tesla on delivery

Am i being to picky?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a free country and you should have walked away. I understand the excitement of owning a Tesla, but I would never buy it if there are visible defects or problems. That's called an antique car and people buy them for investment, external appeal, engine appeal, or just personal reasons. But not in a (almost) new car.

Sounds like you went in to the dealership looking for issues. I have seen this multiple times in experiences at other dealerships. However, you're entitled to getting these elements fixed and it sounds like Tesla offered to rectify your concerns much to your dismay. Being an inventory car with that many miles on it, you probably go a sizeable discount. My Model S was the best investment I ever made and I have never had a bad experience, much like the vast majority of owners I've met. You got the car 3 months ahead of a custom order and for a sizeable discount and access to a credit that could deplete at any moment. Overall, I think your experience was slightly below average, but your reaction or preconceived ideals contributed to making the situation worse, IMHO.

Sounds like you went in to the dealership looking for issues. I have seen this multiple times in experiences at other dealerships. However, you're entitled to getting these elements fixed and it sounds like Tesla offered to rectify your concerns much to your dismay. Being an inventory car with that many miles on it, you probably go a sizeable discount. My Model S was the best investment I ever made and I have never had a bad experience, much like the vast majority of owners I've met. You got the car 3 months ahead of a custom order and for a sizeable discount and access to a credit that could deplete at any moment. Overall, I think your experience was slightly below average, but your reaction or preconceived ideals contributed to making the situation worse, IMHO.

Just want what i was promised. Tesla is in the process of making the situation correct.

To say i went looking for problems is a bit off , i do look for things that are not correct when signing for a 110K purchase. id hope most people do.

Reactions: P85Dave and ACA Man

Based on your repsone , location , new status and the fact your are answering another thread with somewhat inside info , I would question your relation to Tesla , please share.

To say i went looking for problems is a bit off , i do look for things that are not correct when signing for a 110K purchase. id hope most people do.
I mean, I completely understand where you're coming from. But I'm sure you'll grow to love the car, as do everyone else in the club. I just saw that you were from Indiana. We have a Ft. Wayne club that meets occasionally. If you work everything out, we'd love for you to join us if possible!

OP, your experience reminds me of the captive market farming community Big Tree dealers.

Sorry you became a pawn in their game.

Contact headquarters and protest vigorously. Tweet Elon, and the entire brass.

Just an update , tesla did reach out since posting here.

A list below of how things are going

Drivers door window felt/rubber seal mangled. - Promised ranger will replace. - Replaced in under 5 minutes - PERFECT
Driver side rear wheel running board trim gap exposed - Ranger will adjust clips. - Cant adjust , within claimed spec....
Gouge in A pillar suede - they have no record of this now , awaiting response. - Replaced A pillar - GOOD
Moisture collecting in rear passenger body side tail light - going back and forth , wont promise to replace - telling me some is allowable , pending? - Wont replace , claimed within spec , have not seen it since rain has been minimal.
Professional 3rd party detail as the car was done extremely poor and full of swirls. - Pending answer. - Setup a paint detail at dreammakers automotive in fort wayne , tesla paid a good bit of money , dreammakers did a so so job considering the amount paid. i will accept this as ok / goodwill.
Front seats awaiting replacement as both have 3/4" slop under braking / accel - was told it could be 15 weeks for new seats.....