Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla $200 dollar license fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just wondering if the 200 dollar license fee is for the cost of a new plate/sticker and additional stuff? I will be brining my own green plates (ontario, canada) so will this cost be reduced? Just wondering what your experience was.

Thanks!

If this is what Tesla charges for paperwork, for me it was for the work of registering the car for me and is the same work all ‘dealers’ do. I’d rather they send someone to the DMV and process 40 cars at once than each of us have to do it and spend a couple of hours or more.

Hey guys, just wondering if the 200 dollar license fee is for the cost of a new plate/sticker and additional stuff? I will be brining my own green plates (ontario, canada) so will this cost be reduced? Just wondering what your experience was.

Thanks!
I didn't have a green plate to begin with and I got charged $200. Since you have one already I would advise your SA about it so that its factored in as I'm pretty sure the $200 is for a new plate.

Reactions: coconutboy84
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 5.15.16 PM.png
well, there are a few more fees too. lol

Looks like a Canadian/province thing? Here in the states, the $1200 delivery fee was the only fee I had to pay and covered filing any paperwork. In New Jersey, we are also sales tax exempt for electric vehicles, so the only goverment fees I paid were an $85 title fee and $311 for a 4-year registration. Tesla did the paperwork; I just had to give them the $396. No markup.
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 5.20.47 PM.png

Reactions: coconutboy84
thats the states, and earlier on pearl white used to be an upgraded colour choice. now its standard.

right. My order was from earlier in the year (April).

that said - configuring the same car now is $55,590 + $1200 delivery = $56,790.

mine was $57,200, but I got the fed tax credit at $3,750. Net cost then is $53,450.

With the $1875 credit, a new purchase today would be $54,915 + $300 for Homelink = $55,215.

Paying for the paint, I win.