Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2017 “opening soon” Supercharger locations changed to “2018”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody notice that they quietly updated the targeted opening date from 2017 to 2018 on anything that isn't opened yet?

SC SC.png

• Informative
Reactions: GreenUnicorn
Anybody notice that they quietly updated the targeted opening date from 2017 to 2018 on anything that isn't opened yet?
There have been many projected locations with a 2018 target date for awhile. It's not something that just happened in the past week or two, as I saw this a few months ago.
I think @Mokuzai meant that, for those planned Supercharger locations that were showing a 2017 opening they have now been changed to 2018.

Tesla has always set very ambitious Supercharger expansion plans and has fallen short, but remains the leader in providing high speed charging for their vehicles. Tesla is way ahead of every other car manufacturer in this regard.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Moderator note: the first 5 posts in this thread were originally in the California Superchargers forum but were moved to this new thread in the Charging Standards and Infrastructure forum because they are not just about the future Santa Clarita Supercharger but are a general discussion about the Tesla charging network.

I think @Mokuzai meant that, for those planned Supercharger locations that were showing a 2017 opening they have now been changed to 2018.

Tesla has always set very ambitious Supercharger expansion plans and has fallen short, but remains the leader in providing high speed charging for their vehicles. Tesla is way ahead of every other car manufacturer in this regard.

Perhaps there was some ambiguity in my statement.

To elaborate, many locations that previously had 2017 projections were changed to 2018, but those changes did not happen recently.

View attachment 269089

For point of reference, in my area the Sunnyvale location is just waiting for final fire and city approval in order to be opened and the Cupertino location still has work to go. Both were and still are listed as Opening Soon, so not everything but I do see by End of 2018 listed even for San Luis Obisbo which we expect to be much sooner than that and also indicated by the sign Tesla posted at the Atascadero location pre-advertsing the new location. Will be interesting to see how all these future sites update during the year.

Last edited:
What bothers me the most is that they "promised" those locations to have a charger built soon (or 2017).
And according to how many new locations are done it is easy to see that
all gray dots should be done in the year those dots were shown. But no.
They ignore the plan and add dots to places that did not plan.:mad: