Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello . My Tesla 3 delivered on Saturday has a noise in the front, it sounds like the engine is running and it gets louder when I put the AC/Heater on. This noise becomes unbearable on many occasions. I already took it to Service and they tell me that it is normal that I did not worry that it has a guarantee. My concern is that I bought a Tesla because it had to be a quiet car and not look like any other.

The heat pump definitely makes some noises and even a little vibration when it's working hard, especially while supercharging. I wouldn't call it unbearably loud though (other than when it's realllly hot outside and supercharging)

Maybe take a video for us so we could have a listen?

Hello . My Tesla 3 delivered on Saturday has a noise in the front, it sounds like the engine is running and it gets louder when I put the AC/Heater on. This noise becomes unbearable on many occasions. I already took it to Service and they tell me that it is normal that I did not worry that it has a guarantee.

As others have shared, Tesla still needs to circulate coolant through a radiator and heat pump (plus AC refrigerant through the condenser in the summer), and occasionally run the fan to speed up the heat exchange cycle. Those do produce noise.
You will get the heating pump kick in at maximum volume while charge the car, every time.

My concern is that I bought a Tesla because it had to be a quiet car and not look like any other.

Sorry, but you had unrealistic expectations.
While Teslas forgo internal combustion engine noise, many other sources of noise do remain.
Teslas are also not particularly good at insulating noises from the human greenhouse, and the glass roof introduces a whole slew of wind noises that you would be shielded from in a normal car.

Teslas are just not very quiet. Especially not on a highway.
Sorry if that's news to you.

a