Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Account Support Team - Astonishingly Poor Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have experience with [email protected] please?

We made a company purchase for a salary sacrifice scheme and the end user now has the vehicle. Since Novmeber 21st we have emailed Tesla five times requesting that they move the VIN to another Tesla account for the user. We have had no response of any kind in a month.

Only one payment method can be used for Supercharging per account, and when we buy more Tesla's for more employees this is going to cause issues. Not only that, but users will be able to see and control each other's vehicles.

We absolutely cannot purchase more Tesla's for the company fleet if this is going to be the awful process we have every time, with no repsonses as emails go into the ether. Calling Tesla is no different, with sales passing us to servicing and servicing hanging up the phone. No one to talk to, no one to help and no one doing anything they're asked to do.

I have to say, we're shockingly disappointed at this stage. Does anyone have a number or any other inroads into this kind of scenario please? Any help at all to resolve the transfer issue will be greatly appreciated at this stage.

I am afraid after being a loyal customer for several years, I now feel let down by the shocking service from the company. This morning, they are trying.

In my case we have a Model S, and thinking about a Model 3 for my wife. She rightly wants a test drive. Just booking a test drive has proved a ridiculous issue. Like untying the Gordian knot.

I have a good contact in Tesla Manchester and she/he has helped, he /she understands the concept of service, but so many owner and potential buyers must be put off by the lack of people or lack of systems.

My contact says it is the growing pains of a rapidly expanding company. At Stockport they are doing hundreds of M3 deliveries, plus people must want them before Christmas, plus Tesla must want to do as many deliveries as poss before the holidays/ end of quarter.

While typing this, our test drive has now been re-scheduled, have had better service.

My advice - keep trying, speak to a manager - were you given contact details on delivery of the first car? - if you can get through.

Regards,

Tony

Try Will Fealey at the Tesla Owners Group UK on Facebook. I will send a link to him so he can see the thread here, if he hasn't already.

I'd really appreciate that. If anyone can help move this along, we'll be very happy. If there's a better process to follow in future than this one, we'd love to know!

To add balance, my experience was the opposite. Emailed them to have my VIN added to my wife's account and this was completed within 24 hours. No communication though.

Wow, that's great going. We have no idea what's going on or why there is no response to five very detailed explicit request emails unfortunately.

It took me two weeks and about 5 mails to get my car added to my wife's Tesla account (so that we didn't have both our mobiles connected to the same account). Not good, and I suspect a 30s job by someone on the Tesla IT system.

I'm so much in the same space as the OP I can't help but wonder if this has been posted by my Fleet Manager!
8-10 emails, web contact forms completed, phone's rung (with no answer!) and still can't get the car moved in to my account.
Not even a reply to say no, or "it's hard". Just shouting in to the void.

On the upside some poor soul in the leasing company is picking up the tab for any supercharging I do....

Anyone else have experience with [email protected] please?

I have to say, we're shockingly disappointed at this stage. Does anyone have a number or any other inroads into this kind of scenario please? Any help at all to resolve the transfer issue will be greatly appreciated at this stage.

I suggest phoning every service centre (If they have phone numbers) and asking them to do it, failing that try scheduling a service, pathetic service I know.

Try Will Fealey at the Tesla Owners Group UK on Facebook. I will send a link to him so he can see the thread here, if he hasn't already.

I don't think we should be having to involve a third party to get our service issues sorted, Tesla need to sort themselves out or will suffer long term either through sales or legal proceedings.

I am afraid after being a loyal customer for several years, I now feel let down by the shocking service from the company. This morning, they are trying.

Manchester is the only decent service centre it seems but this time of year is bad for test drives as they fired all their staff and run a skeleton crew around delivery times.

The whole company sucks with after sales, I have still yet to get my delivery issues sorted out and to think these people can't ship a part from the US in less than 2 months is out of this world.

Seems Elon can put a rocket into space in a day but takes 8 weeks to ship a part from California!?!? Something is not right!

Do you have two Teslas now? Sorry for any confusion :)
If only... No, I found that I kept getting booted out of the app on my phone (forgotten the error now). Tesla support had no idea, but a helpful reply on the Facebook forum from someone who had had the same problem correctly identified the issue as something that happens when there are two phones using the same Tesla account login. The solution was for my wife to setup a Tesla account of her own, add the car to it, and then use that login on her app.

Reactions: Rooster6655
If only... No, I found that I kept getting booted out of the app on my phone (forgotten the error now). Tesla support had no idea, but a helpful reply on the Facebook forum from someone who had had the same problem correctly identified the issue as something that happens when there are two phones using the same Tesla account login. The solution was for my wife to setup a Tesla account of her own, add the car to it, and then use that login on her app.

Oddly enough, that is the exact opposite of what I was told by Tesla when I asked about setting up a second user.

I've been trying to get my car added to my account since picking it up on Friday.
Tesla UK direct me to a support page that only applies to US.

I spoke to Tesla US Chat who told me what the current email address is (lease company). It was a made up gmail so I created the account myself, reset my Tesla password and now have access to the app/manage pages.

Tesla still not getting back to me. They act as if it's a privilege to own their cars.

I've been trying to get my car added to my account since picking it up on Friday.
Tesla UK direct me to a support page that only applies to US.

I spoke to Tesla US Chat who told me what the current email address is (lease company). It was a made up gmail so I created the account myself, reset my Tesla password and now have access to the app/manage pages.

Tesla still not getting back to me. They act as if it's a privilege to own their cars.

thanks - can you link the chat URL you used please?