Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Adds Falcon Heavy Event to Loot Box, Report Says Launch Coming Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is again leveraging access to CEO Elon Musk’s various ventures to incentivize car owners participating in the referral program. The latest prize is a chance to witness a launch of “World’s most powerful rocket,” the SpaceX Falcon Heavy.

heav.jpg

A trip to drive The Boring Company’s digging machine was added in August as a “secret level” prize for racking up a high number of referrals.

The inaugural launch of SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy is a highly anticipated event. The vehicle is equipped with two additional Falcon 9 first stage boosters and can lift more than double the payload of the next closest rocket. That said, Musk said in September that SpaceX will shelf its entire fleet of vehicles to focus on a new Interplanetary Transport System he hopes will put people on Mars by 2022.

NASA Space Flight reported yesterday that the Falcon Heavy could launch next month:

“SpaceX is understood to be targeting mid-December for the Static Fire of Falcon Heavy followed by a late-December, No Earlier Than 29 December, launch of the heavy lift rocket.”

Musk has yet to bring his neurotechnology company Neuralink into the Tesla prize pool, but perhaps someday enough referrals will earn owners an implantable brain–computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you get to watch the launch of a rocket that Musk is going to scrap in favor of the BFR. I don't think I would travel all the way to Florida (I'm in Spokane) even if the whole trip including lodging and meals were free. That's too many hours in a crowded airplane. Maybe if it were a private jet with a fitness room so I could get some exercise. Too bad I don't know anybody who's in the market for an EV so that I could get the referral credits so I'd be in a position to decline the trip I don't want. :D

So you get to watch the launch of a rocket that Musk is going to scrap in favor of the BFR. I don't think I would travel all the way to Florida (I'm in Spokane) even if the whole trip including lodging and meals were free. That's too many hours in a crowded airplane. Maybe if it were a private jet with a fitness room so I could get some exercise. Too bad I don't know anybody who's in the market for an EV so that I could get the referral credits so I'd be in a position to decline the trip I don't want. :D
I'm going, I wouldn't miss it.

Reactions: dhanson865
Woo Hoo! Camping in Daryl's back yard!

I saw a shuttle launch up close. Definitely a bucket-list item. And seeing two booster stages doing simultaneous RTLS landings, that's worth driving across the coutry for.