Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Announcement - access road restrictions at Newport Pagnell and Charnock Richard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMPORTANT NEWS & A STATEMENT FROM TESLA:

Welcome Break are installing ANPR cameras on the access roads between each side at Newport Pagnell and Charnock Richard. They are under pressure from Highways England to comply with the following:

In order to avoid the creation of unofficial road junctions, there must be no through connection to the associated motorway or all-purpose trunk road. Where subsidiary accesses may be approved it will be restricted to staff, deliveries, parties carrying out duties for and on behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport, the emergency services, and breakdown recovery and assistance.

Unfortunately, this means that no Tesla drivers will be able to cross between the services and we have updated the in car navigation to reflect this. [I've confirmed today 17th January that all cars will reflect this change by end of the week].

We are working with Welcome Break to build sites on the opposing sides of both services.
View attachment 369583
I am a new m3 owner and tried google maps to go there. It took to the rear exit and when I realised that it’s not, I returned back. Will I get any penalty? Worried now

Thanks @Terry_B58 and @IanMcL. For now, I am using bp pulse 50kw and 150kw (yet to try) to charge my m3 perf. 50kw is £.29p/kwh, but it’s at quite convenient locations around my house (gym, cinema, lake side car park). I am looking into home charging solutions. I understand wallbox pulse and pod point are two major players in the market with grants. Please can you suggest which ones I can get installed. My property is a new build (6yrs old) from David Wilson, I believe it’s got single phase meter for electricity.
Thanks