TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Annual Service for NW Lower Michigan

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Jim MacInnes, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

Spoke with a service representative from Cleveland today about getting the 12.5k mile service and he told me I needed to bring the car down to Cleveland, a 6 hour drive from here. As an alternative, they will send up a truck to pick mine up and take it down there for a "convenience charge" of about $750 which includes the use of a loaner car. The round trip time is from monday to friday. Their service appointments are about two weeks out.

2. tomsModelS

tomsModelS Member

Jim, please let us know the outcome.

3. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

Can you tell us where Rick Brems is located and what his role is with service?
    thanks,
    jim

4. Summitman7

Summitman7 Member

Rick lives in Michigan and works out of Cleveland. He was going to head up the Michigan office but it never opened. I have had a few conversations about Michigan Tesla owners with him. He came to the Woodward Dream Cruise gathering for Tesla owners and introduced some of the Cleveland staff that were involved with service.
    Feel free to tell him where you got his name.
    Joel from Birmingham also knows Rick.

5. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

6. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

I did not bother Rick and have already made arrangements with Tesla Cleveland to take care of my service as mentioned above. In talking with one of the service techs they hope to have a less expensive arrangement the next time around.

7. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

You should still use that contact info because I think that is a good route to go to get proper information.

8. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

The Tesla 12.5k service process was flawless especially considering the service center is in Cleveland, OH nearly 400 miles away. They brought up a Tesla P85 loaner on a vehicle carrier on monday, took my car to Cleveland for service and returned it on Thursday ready to go. There were just a couple of nits they needed to take care of besides the regular service which were easily handled. There was no charge for the vehicle transport and the short term Tesla loaner. The Service Ranger is out of the Grand Rapids area and he took care of all the transportation. I am a very happy camper :biggrin:

9. Summitman7

Summitman7 Member

Good to hear that things worked out for you. Enjoy your upcoming ski season. Perhaps I will see you in the spring for a golf clinic.

10. tomsModelS

tomsModelS Member

Jim, thanks for the update, it's very helpful.