Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app 3.8.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Only change I can find is that it now lets you access the PW Gateway serial number (below the firmware) which is a nice addition since mine was only on a sticky inside the cover! (I have it stored in Evernote but having it in the app is excellent.)

Any other updates anyone see?

A small cosmetic change is that the number of Powerwalls is now overlaid over the picture.

upload_2019-7-4_13-13-13.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-4_13-13-13.png
    upload_2019-7-4_13-13-13.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 48
Only change I can find is that it now lets you access the PW Gateway serial number (below the firmware) which is a nice addition since mine was only on a sticky inside the cover! (I have it stored in Evernote but having it in the app is excellent.)

Any other updates anyone see?
Were those "Learn more" links in the Customize screen sections always there?

Serial number is a nice addition, but why make it more complex than necessary by needing a tap to reveal it?

Apparently also has Swedish language support.

I remember when I contacted Tesla just after my install (23/11/18) to say I felt better historic reporting would be good, such as data exporting for analysis in a spreadsheet I was told a new release was coming before the end of the year that would have it in. Silly me, forgot to ask which year.

Instead of fiddling around the edges I wish they’d get on and produce an big functional upgrade (without breaking stuff).

In the meantime PVOutput.org is getting me through.

robin

Serial number is a nice addition, but why make it more complex than necessary by needing a tap to reveal it?

Apparently also has Swedish language support.

I remember when I contacted Tesla just after my install (23/11/18) to say I felt better historic reporting would be good, such as data exporting for analysis in a spreadsheet I was told a new release was coming before the end of the year that would have it in. Silly me, forgot to ask which year.

Instead of fiddling around the edges I wish they’d get on and produce an big functional upgrade (without breaking stuff).

In the meantime PVOutput.org is getting me through.

robin
A lot of people post screenshots. It's possible that knowing the serial number would allow someone to do something nefarious.

A lot of people post screenshots. It's possible that knowing the serial number would allow someone to do something nefarious.

Very valid point, however, on my iPhone 8 Plus the serial number is off the bottom of the screen and gets missed off screenshots.
Hmm, I accidentally tapped the name at the top of the screen on the app and it has allowed me to rename my system. Was that there before?

Reactions: NuShrike
Very valid point, however, on my iPhone 8 Plus the serial number is off the bottom of the screen and gets missed off screenshots.
Hmm, I accidentally tapped the name at the top of the screen on the app and it has allowed me to rename my system. Was that there before?
On my phone (Android), I can scroll up to see the version and bottom text while still showing the Powerwall status in the background. Some people might accidentally post their serial number if they didn't pay attention. By requiring the extra tap, it greatly decreases the chance of that happening.

BTW, I noticed the Powerwall count and "Tap to reveal" are currently missing from the app. Might just be a temporary issue but they were both there two hours ago.

The ability to rename the gateway has been there as long as I can remember.

Update: Tried another device and the number of Powerwalls and Tap to reveal link still shows on it. Still missing on my main device even after killing the app and restarting the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: liuping
BTW, I noticed the Powerwall count and "Tap to reveal" are currently missing from the app. Might just be a temporary issue but they were both there two hours ago.

Update: Tried another device and the number of Powerwalls and Tap to reveal link still shows on it. Still missing on my main device even after killing the app and restarting the phone.
Oops. I realized that if the there devices I have, only two had received the update. :oops:

Powerwall count and Tap to Reveal now on all three. :)