Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Firmware 23.44.0 eb113390

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed my system stopped reporting to powerwall dashboard last night around 11:30pm; I was able to get the dashboard reconnected to the gateway but i've noticed that the pw vitals are being populated. Before it lost connection i didn't have any FW update related alerts; i'm guessing it would have only reported after being reconnected but without the vital stats it doesn't get the current alerts either.

Has anyone else gotten this FW, and if so is pypowerwall working for you?

Mine hasn't updated yet, so haven't seen the issue. If you haven't already, I'd recommend opening an issue on the Powerwall Dashboard github:

Reactions: jgleigh
Mine hasn't updated yet, so haven't seen the issue. If you haven't already, I'd recommend opening an issue on the Powerwall Dashboard github:

You can follow it on issue 57 under pypowerwall

Reactions: Matt-FL
Looks like we are sol unless somehow tesla restores this functionality in a new FW; but given the way the pw3 teg ui is it seems unlikely.

Looks like we are sol unless somehow tesla restores this functionality in a new FW; but given the way the pw3 teg ui is it seems unlikely.

Then can we just use the Tesla Pros app?

I'm not sure how you would scrape the data into influx from the app; and i'm not sure even if you did how long the login token will refresh for before needing to do the power toggle to authenticate the login.

It would probably be better and easier to just get the data from the cloud api, or log directly from the canbus.

This is terrible. Luckily I'm still stuck on 23.12.11.
Does anyone know why is Tesla removing this?
Because they can and because it probably makes their lives easier against any warranty and maintenance claims.
I had a Powerwall 2 that died and the Powerwall Dashboard was super instrumental to convincing their Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to replace it under warranty.

Thanks. Looked there before and I thought because it had Gateway, there must be a separate place for Powerwall itself.

Mine is only 23.28.2 ........

Tesla always updates things in waves, unlike on a smartphone where everyone can simply go "get" new versions of firmware when they are made available.

My gateway (for example) is on 23.36.3, which is neither yours nor the one being talked about in this thread.

• Informative
Reactions: charlesj
Maybe I should leave things as they are now. :D

they auto update, so unless you have a gateway 1 with no cellular connection, and also remove all networking connections from the gateway (wifi, ethernet), or try to get fancy with routing traffic (or not routing traffic), its going to do it on its own.

they auto update, so unless you have a gateway 1 with no cellular connection, and also remove all networking connections from the gateway (wifi, ethernet), or try to get fancy with routing traffic (or not routing traffic), its going to do it on its own.
If you remove internet access, your tesla app view will be worthless. Pray you have no warranty issues where tesla will want onsite data.

Juuuuust a heads up.

Reactions: jjrandorin
This is terrible. Luckily I'm still stuck on 23.12.11.

Because they can and because it probably makes their lives easier against any warranty and maintenance claims.
I had a Powerwall 2 that died and the Powerwall Dashboard was super instrumental to convincing their Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to replace it under warranty.
This is a concern I have. If they remove the ability to measure capacity, short of installing my own metering, how would I prove to them that I have lost enough capacity that I qualify for a warranty replacement?

This is a concern I have. If they remove the ability to measure capacity, short of installing my own metering, how would I prove to them that I have lost enough capacity that I qualify for a warranty replacement?
Since the threshhold for that is 30% loss, you could simply set the reserve to zero, let it drain down, and then let them fill back up and see what the app reports as amount of energy used to fill them.

You can use the Windows app 'Powerwall Companion', it is using the newer APIs (Tesla auth) to pull this data, and includes a handy PW degradation section.

1703163549479.png

1703163410925.png