Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Firmware 23.44.0 eb113390

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you see device vitals? Netzero app can query that for you without much effort. Mine’s empty

Tesla made a change in 23.44 that removed the device vitals API, which affects access to string data. Battery degradation data is luckily still available. I'm not on that version yet, can someone on 23.44 try the Tesla One (formerly Tesla Pros) app and confirm that the string data is shown there?

I've been busy moving Netzero app to the new Tesla Fleet API, but once that's rolled out I plan on fixing the missing vitals info. I'm hoping to just use the new APIs that the Tesla One app uses.

Tesla made a change in 23.44 that removed the device vitals API, which affects access to string data. Battery degradation data is luckily still available. I'm not on that version yet, can someone on 23.44 try the Tesla One (formerly Tesla Pros) app and confirm that the string data is shown there?

I've been busy moving Netzero app to the new Tesla Fleet API, but once that's rolled out I plan on fixing the missing vitals info. I'm hoping to just use the new APIs that the Tesla One app uses.
I was just upgraded. I can confirm that the Tesla One app using the teg network can see the voltage and amperage of the 4 individual MPPTs in a powerwall+.

I have reconfigured my local network to be a client of the teg network and have successfully used the tedapi scripts in the pypowerwall repo to get a device listing, but they stop short of actually listing the label constants for the query command, so I don't know how to get any useful data that way.

• Informative
Reactions: yblaser
The latest Netzero version will get string data and other vitals using the new /tedapi API endpoint (what Tesla One uses). You have to connect to the site controller wifi for that to work -- scan the QR code the first time, then you can just tap a button to connect to the wifi. This should also work for PW3, hopefully someone can confirm.

@ParaAdBellum thanks for the firmware update, good to know no new functionality was taken away (unfortunately that's what we should expect now from new firmware versions).

L
The latest Netzero version will get string data and other vitals using the new /tedapi API endpoint (what Tesla One uses). You have to connect to the site controller wifi for that to work -- scan the QR code the first time, then you can just tap a button to connect to the wifi. This should also work for PW3, hopefully someone can confirm.
Are QR codes confirmed to work on Backup Gateway 1? I have not been successful at scanning my QR code with latest Netzero. In fact I can’t make Tesla One work with it either.

Only got one, annotated with TPN and TSN numbers

Ah, looks like Gateway 1 might not have a wifi QR code. Do you see a TEG wifi network when nearby? If you try connecting and using the full TSN as the password, does that work? According to this page you might also have to prepend S to it if it starts with TG:

Last edited:
Ah, looks like Gateway 1 might not have a wifi QR code. Do you see a TEG wifi network when nearby? If you try connecting and using the full TSN as the password, does that work? According to this page you might also have to prepend S to it if it starts with TG:
Ah, thanks. Was able to connect to gateway WiFi and access it via manually configuring 192.168.91.1
Interestingly enough, I’m not seeing any extra information in Netzero app, irrespective of which network I access gateway from. I cross checked from 2 phones, where one connected to gateway WiFi and another phone connecting via home WiFi. Certainly don’t see vitals anywhere

Ah, thanks. Was able to connect to gateway WiFi and access it via manually configuring 192.168.91.1
Interestingly enough, I’m not seeing any extra information in Netzero app, irrespective of which network I access gateway from. I cross checked from 2 phones, where one connected to gateway WiFi and another phone connecting via home WiFi. Certainly don’t see vitals anywhere

Netzero currently relies on a QR code to connect directly to the gateway, connecting manually will not help. I'll have to add a manual flow to make that work, or you can trick it by printing your own QR code here: pure JS WiFi QR Code Generator

• Helpful
Reactions: jhn_ and BGbreeder
Netzero currently relies on a QR code to connect directly to the gateway, connecting manually will not help. I'll have to add a manual flow to make that work, or you can trick it by printing your own QR code here: pure JS WiFi QR Code Generator
Ah got it. Tried it with your suggestion. It seems to be able to connect to gateway WiFi for a few dozen seconds, and then seemingly disconnects without success.

Attachments

• IMG_5194.png
    IMG_5194.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 32
Ah got it. Tried it with your suggestion. It seems to be able to connect to gateway WiFi for a few dozen seconds, and then seemingly disconnects without success.

It's expected that the connection will only last a short while -- the gateway wifi network doesn't have internet access, so Netzero will quickly pull the data and then disconnect.

In terms of data that's made available: this adds per-string voltage and current, if you have a Powerwall+ (and possibly Powerwall 3, but I'd need someone to test). Battery temperature is unfortunately no longer available. There some other useful information (alerts, line voltage) so I might just add the ability to see the raw data.

Reactions: ParaAdBellum