Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app disappearing as Apple maps sharing option - found a solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there, I keep having an issue and I figured I'd share my best solve for it, and see if anyone else has a better answer. So, you know how you can pull up a destination or a contact in your iPhone and hit the "share" button, and share it to your Tesla? Well, I've been having an issue that the option to share to my Tesla app keeps disappearing. I get out of maps, go to the Tesla app, wake it up, and still nothing. I've made sure my location and privacy settings are what they need to be. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that didn't solve the issue (though it was a HUGE PITA). The only thing I have done that has any impact whatsoever is to reboot my phone. That actually works and brings the Tesla app back up as a sharing option. So, first of all, I figured I'd at least share that out there for anyone else that's been experiencing this. It does work to solve the problem. Second, any ideas on how to keep it from happening in the first place? Even though I can reboot my phone and fix it, it's still annoying as heck, and happens a LOT. At least once a week.

Reactions: tkizzy
Try just turning on 'airplane' mode and then turning off airplane mode, without restarting, and see if that works too.
To prevent the Tesla app from disappearing in the share sheet, do the followings :

1 - Invoke the share sheet menu by tapping sharing say on Safari or any other apps that support the sharing menu

2 - Scroll to the right of the suggested apps until you see the more button

3 - Tap the more button

4 - Tap edit on the top right

5 - You’ll see a list of apps to add to favourite, tap the plus green icon before the Tesla app

6 - Tap done

The Tesla app will stay in the sharing sheet until you reset your phone.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot
It never disappeared for me. I bought new iPhone 12's 2 months ago and that feature has always been there.
This is most likely because you open the Tesla App every day of every few days. If you leave the Tesla app running in the background for a few days or weeks without opening it up, the apps listed in share sheet won’t have the Tesla app.

It’ll have most of the other apps you used in that unless you added the Tesla app in the favourite list.

Hey there, I keep having an issue and I figured I'd share my best solve for it, and see if anyone else has a better answer. So, you know how you can pull up a destination or a contact in your iPhone and hit the "share" button, and share it to your Tesla? Well, I've been having an issue that the option to share to my Tesla app keeps disappearing. I get out of maps, go to the Tesla app, wake it up, and still nothing. I've made sure my location and privacy settings are what they need to be. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that didn't solve the issue (though it was a HUGE PITA). The only thing I have done that has any impact whatsoever is to reboot my phone. That actually works and brings the Tesla app back up as a sharing option. So, first of all, I figured I'd at least share that out there for anyone else that's been experiencing this. It does work to solve the problem. Second, any ideas on how to keep it from happening in the first place? Even though I can reboot my phone and fix it, it's still annoying as heck, and happens a LOT. At least once a week.
Confirmed, restarting worked for me too, Nov 2021