Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app down - 503 maintenance error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not going to read it

I'll enlighten you :)

Motorists owning the Elon Musk made cars say the app shows '503 Server Maintenance' when they try and use it.
Kelvin Capalot from Switzerland feared he would not be able to gain access to his motor vehicle without the power of the app.

He aired: 'Same in Switzerland better be back in the next 4 hours or i cant open my car left my keycard at home.'

But Mehdi Moha set him straight and gave him the wonderful news: 'But you can still open it with phone, worked for me,'

So actually very balanced .. .well ... apart from this bit:

Photographs of "Tesla drivers waiting in South Mimms services to charge their cars back in depths of December".

So still need to sell-copy, after all ...

And the comments - I quite liked this one

"GRAMMAR. They try to use it. Not try and use it. Try is a verb. "

Hehehehe ...

Me too. According to the app, the car is where I parked it between 8.10 and 9.00 this morning. Since then it's done about 50 miles and been to work and Tesco and is now back home - I've just seen it and it's still outside on the drive . . .

Anyone else experiencing this? Fortunately I was merely trying to twiddle with charge settings but think there must be some poor soul who is locked out of their car.

Maybe it's just a London issue.
I am in Margate and it has been saying that for most of the day, I have just plugged the car in and the charger seems to be a bit screwey too. Do you think thay have been hacked?

Will it affect home charging? Go to get to 80% tonight, was at 30% when I pulled onto the driveway this evening.
Doesn't appear to be an issue. I would sincerely hope that where there's no comms from car to charge to a web API from Tesla, that it just works.
My experience is fine, plugged in, started charging.
I guess it could be a different experience at a Supercharger? In which case just slum it at a CCS2 charger.
More of a problem in the US where the connector is different. (If indeed this affects supercharging?)

Reactions: Keeper