Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app is blank

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had the car for two weeks and the phone app has always worked. Today, the screen is blank when I click on the app.
First, I would try rebooting your phone. If that does not work try logging out of the Tesla account via the app, log back in. If that does not work then try deleting the app, reinstalling the app.

I recommend that every Tesla owner set up 2-factor authentication on their Tesla account. You will need to use Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator. You can also use Authy (Authy uses Google's Authentication Service, Authy adds features such as secure backup for your authentication credentials if you need to reinstall.)

Should it not show the log-on screen at least? I see a black screen too, my car has not been delivered yet.
You should be able to log into your Tesla account from the web, use these same credentials to log in from the Tesla app. If not try deleting the app and reinstall. When you log into the Tesla app you will not see your vehicle, only links to some Tesla tutorials. Your vehicle will not appear in the Tesla app until after delivery.

You should be able to log into your Tesla account from the web, use these same credentials to log in from the Tesla app. If not try deleting the app and reinstall. When you log into the Tesla app you will not see your vehicle, only links to some Tesla tutorials. Your vehicle will not appear in the Tesla app until after delivery.
Thanks. I have deleted & reinstalled the app several times. I don't see the login screen at all, just the Tesla logo briefly & then a black screen. Sat there hoping it would load something but nothing happened...

I would confirm that you can log into your Tesla account at Electric Cars, Solar & Clean Energy | Tesla

Also, once you are logged into your account set up 2-factor authentication (2FA) if you have not already done so. The 2nd authentication factor must be either: Google Authenticator, Authy (uses Google's authenticator and adds a backup mechanism for the recovery keys), Microsoft Authenticator. I use Authy. If you you install Authy add a recovery password, save the recovery password for the recovery keys in a safe place. (The recovery password is helpful if you lose your phone or for when you inevitably get a new phone and have to reinstall Authy.)

I would confirm that you can log into your Tesla account at Electric Cars, Solar & Clean Energy | Tesla

Also, once you are logged into your account set up 2-factor authentication (2FA) if you have not already done so. The 2nd authentication factor must be either: Google Authenticator, Authy (uses Google's authenticator and adds a backup mechanism for the recovery keys), Microsoft Authenticator. I use Authy. If you you install Authy add a recovery password, save the recovery password for the recovery keys in a safe place. (The recovery password is helpful if you lose your phone or for when you inevitably get a new phone and have to reinstall Authy.)
I can perfectly long into the Tesla account. Have tried everything. Reboot the phone; update the phone; re-install the app; ... All no effect. Really frustrating! Lost already several hours with this.

Had the same issue - brief blink of the Tesla logo and then - blank screen forever.
Solved this by adding English language to my Android settings ( go to Settings -> System -> Languages & Input -> Languages; examine is there english language and use "Add a language" button to add it ). Mine had only Russian in the list. After adding an Engllish (US) to this list, Tesla app started to load normally.

In my case, I noticed after quite a few tries, that the screen wasn’t actually blank but said in ever-so-faintly visible text at the top, “access to this server denied…”. Checked my NordVPN app and even tho it had been quitted/swiped up, when I launched it it said connected. Disconnected it and the Tesla app worked fine for sign in and the last seen spinning wheel issue went away too. (Tesla app 4.2.3/iOS 14.8.1)

I'm the original owner of a 2019 Model 3. I'm using an Ipone 12 with ISO 15.1.1
On 1/18/21 the mobile app would not "wake up" spinning icon on the top left of the screen. I tried rebooting the phone, then deleting the app. After downloading the app. I hit the "sign in" button and the screen goes blank. I deleted and downloaded the app a second time and rebooted the phone again, same results. I can minimize and close the Tesla app window and the phone and all other apps are working. The car is operating fine with the key card.

In my case, I noticed after quite a few tries, that the screen wasn’t actually blank but said in ever-so-faintly visible text at the top, “access to this server denied…”. Checked my NordVPN app and even tho it had been quitted/swiped up, when I launched it it said connected. Disconnected it and the Tesla app worked fine for sign in and the last seen spinning wheel issue went away too. (Tesla app 4.2.3/iOS 14.8.1)
Same thing for me it was the VPN and had to go into my cupboard to see it on the scree , your comment helped 100% Thanks a lot :)