TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla app stuck showing Software Update available

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HX_Guy, Aug 16, 2019.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Has anyone ran into this before? Had a notification of a software update available. Tapped to start the update and went on about doing something else. While later I opened the app to see if it was done and saw it still shows update available but saying the update is scheduled for Friday at 6:44 (this is when initiated the original update). Now if I try to do the update, it says there is no update available but can’t get rid of the notification that there is an update. Tried force quitting the app, no luck.

Attached Files:

2. TacC

TacC Member

Had a similar (not identical) issue about a month ago on my 10/16 90D. I wasn't able to connect to the car with the app, although the car was drive-able.

Used the scroll wheels for a soft reboot on the car and it worked. The software update finished installing and the car and app were functional.

3. Hglick

Hglick New Member

Had similar issue. Service center said “be sure you are connected to a strong wireless and do soft reboot with scrolling wheels.” I was also told that if the 12v battery is low and needs replaced that the software update will not complete.

Hope this helps.

4. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

So the car took the update, its on 2019.28.3.1, but the app for some reason still shows an update available. Of course since its already on the latest version, there is no update available. I just don't know how to clear the app so it doenst show there is an update available anymore.