Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App to Be Updated for Service Calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will make an update to its mobile app to help streamline service requests, Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted.

As soon as next week, owners will be able to schedule service in two minutes “with a few taps.”

Musk initially teased improvements to the app last month. In replying to an owner praising the company for its prompt help fixing a flat tire, Musk said Tesla would add functionality the app enabling owners to request service for “top issues.”

Tesla’s efforts to help expedite service issues makes sense given demand growing alongside the Tesla fleet. More Teslas on the road means more service calls.

Tesla has said that more than 80 percent of the issues on Tesla’s vehicles can be repaired by a mobile technician without the need to transport the car to a service center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this actually includes requests for mobile service and not just an Appt at a service center multiple weeks out. I still can’t even request mobile service online yet and I’m in the Seattle area.
Elon announcement tweet Dec.19 + one week + how long to roll out updates to 300,000 cars?? {then consider ever optimistic Elon} that would seem you won't get update til January 2019? Then you can start complaining;).

AND the first release will no doubt work flawlessly just as you imagine - that is how the world works now days, right?
Elon needs to get off this continuous improvement kick and just do it right the first time !!
</sarcasm> :rolleyes:

PS- where is my Model Y and SEMI and pickup truck and Boring company electric 150mph pod? and surely time for new solid state magically improved over the slowly (only 5%/year) Lithium Ion Batteries. Come on, someone please fire Elon and hire Bob Lutz to run things - or Larry Ellis? and not to mention the StarShip and StarLink ... I just don't know how Wall Street tolerates Elon... :p </sarcasm, again>

Can hardly wait for the auto industry to show Elon how it is properly done - they make 80 million/year vehicles and Elon is still trying to make 500,000 /year. Of course it might be the Chinese that beat everyone?
{With over 400 Chinese companies building electrics, what will the future bring? all we know for sure is probably another Middle East War, going by last 30 years history as IF we leave Syria we will be down to only 7 on going, non-declared/illegal wars and we need at least 8, don't we?}

Last edited:
Reactions: mrElbe