TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla App - what do the Red/Blue arcs around mph mean?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by roser, Mar 30, 2016.

1. roser

roser Member

While my X is at the SC, I can't help but track via the Tesla app.
    Anyone know what the blue/red arcs around the mph graphic mean? They change in size as the car is driving around.

Attached Files:

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Speed and power/throttle. If you are a new owner this is also depicted on your speedometer in the same colors.

3. timf

timf Member

It's made to resemble the original speedometer that only exists on pre-Autopilot Model S now. Blue is speed, orange is power, and green (not shown) is regen.

4. Xponential

Xponential Member

Is it meant to represent instantaneous values or max/cumulative for current trip? Reason I ask is that if I am using this app function to monitor someone else's use of my car, I'd like to know top speed achieved, max/cumulative energy, etc. without having to stare at the app for an extended period of time.

5. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

Instantaneous...literally what's happening at that moment. As mentioned above, it mirrors my pre-autopilot Model S dashboard.