Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App - what do the Red/Blue arcs around mph mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While my X is at the SC, I can't help but track via the Tesla app.
Anyone know what the blue/red arcs around the mph graphic mean? They change in size as the car is driving around.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 186
It's made to resemble the original speedometer that only exists on pre-Autopilot Model S now. Blue is speed, orange is power, and green (not shown) is regen.
Is it meant to represent instantaneous values or max/cumulative for current trip? Reason I ask is that if I am using this app function to monitor someone else's use of my car, I'd like to know top speed achieved, max/cumulative energy, etc. without having to stare at the app for an extended period of time.

Is it meant to represent instantaneous values or max/cumulative for current trip? Reason I ask is that if I am using this app function to monitor someone else's use of my car, I'd like to know top speed achieved, max/cumulative energy, etc. without having to stare at the app for an extended period of time.

Instantaneous...literally what's happening at that moment. As mentioned above, it mirrors my pre-autopilot Model S dashboard.