Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Autonomy Day is on Mon, April 22nd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fixed the invite, Tesla style.
late.jpg

I hope there's not a test after this. What I got so far 1. Chip is really fast and uses very little power. 2. Chip is cheaper then the last. 3. My car can recognize an Iguana, Japanese Spaniel and lane lines.

• Funny
Reactions: Az_Rael
They showed you more of their kitchen and burger ingredients.

It was just an admission that they are years behind where they said they would be, and years behind the competition. The image recognition stuff they were so proud of is stuff that my phone has been able to do for years, e.g. recognizing animals and architectural features.

Where was the Full Self Driving? Where was the Tesla uber rental service?

This was just to lower expectations and try to appease buyers and investors who are slowly realizing that Tesla is years away from delivering anything remotely like what they promised.

I was only able to watch the first two presentations then had to go. Looking forward to watching the entire show later, but can’t find it right now.

I suspect almost no one in the investor/press room understood more than a small fraction of what was presented. I understood almost none of it, but it was fascinating.

But there are plenty of qualified experts out there who will watch it and understand a lot of it. Looking forward to reading their commentary soon.

A couple of the questions focused on how Model 3 owners have seen improvements in AP over the past 6-8 months. I am one of those owners. They even described specific scenarios that I have experienced directly, and I’ve noticed marked improvement in the way the car handled them. It’s really been quite amazing. And I do not have the latest V3 FSDC computer.

The biggest takeaway was the possible timeline.

End of 2019: FSD features are complete
April 2020: Will not need to pay attention
End of 2020: Hopeful Regulatory Approval (Starting with Semi Platoon's with a lead driver)
2021: New chip that is 3x better (Did not state and exact date but said a couple years out)

• Informative
Reactions: MTOman and bradhs
Anything regarding the "minor improvement" timeline? Enhanced AP, etc etc?

The biggest takeaway was the possible timeline.

End of 2019: FSD features are complete
April 2020: Will not need to pay attention
End of 2020: Hopeful Regulatory Approval (Starting with Semi Platoon's with a lead driver)
2021: New chip that is 3x better (Did not state and exact date but said a couple years out)

I tuned in at the end and he said they were going to go outside and drive the cars then it went to a splash screen and then the livestream ended. I'm trying to find a link now to go back and watch from the beginning but I don't think they demoed any driving.