Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla autopilot HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL. The tesla pages are not updated with the last estimate from Elon. When you order as an American you'd have to expect it to come this year when they are saying it officially, right? Some people might buy FSD based on the specific deadline stated on the page.
People are still quoting that "feature complete" nonsense, not knowing that means feature complete in a lab somewhere and will be rolled out to the public over the next 5 years.

People are still quoting that "feature complete" nonsense, not knowing that means feature complete in a lab somewhere and will be rolled out to the public over the next 5 years.

It says coming (to end users) this year. And specifically states automatic city driving and stop sign recognition. It is clearly implied that it's aimed at release for users nor testers.

It says coming (to end users) this year. And specifically states automatic city driving and stop sign recognition. It is clearly implied that it's aimed at release for users nor testers.
Smart Summon took nearly 6 months from when Elon thought it could be released, and when it was actually released. Getting the last 10-20% is really hard, and one could argue Smart Summon in its current state is pretty impractical.

Smart Summon took nearly 6 months from when Elon thought it could be released, and when it was actually released. Getting the last 10-20% is really hard, and one could argue Smart Summon in its current state is pretty impractical.

From what I've read, the state of Smart Summon is changing almost daily right now. It's supposed to be much better now than it was when v10 was released.

It might be nonsense but that's what it says. :)
Aren't they obligated to deliver now that it's very specific?

If I remember correctly, Tesla said that FSD would be available the end of 2017, then 2018, and now 2019. I doubt we will see AP doing NOA city driving by the end of this year.

They are obligated to deliver it but Tesla's dates constantly slip. As @conman said, "3 months likely 6 months definitely".

If I remember correctly, Tesla said that FSD would be available the end of 2017, then 2018, and now 2019. I doubt we will see AP doing NOA city driving by the end of this year.

They are obligated to deliver it but Tesla's dates constantly slip. As @conman said, "3 months likely 6 months definitely".

OK so it did say specifically a year on the tesla order page?

Elon put out a bunch of now infamous tweets about when FSD would happen but the FSD order page on the website never promised that FSD would be available by the end of 2017.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-27-at-9.35.21-AM-e1530108954606.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: emmz0r
Just to be clear: that is the new FSD page when Tesla discontinued EAP in early 2019. So the "coming later this year" refers to the end of 2019. That is not the page that Tesla had for FSD back in 2017.

I am just clarifying that it's "this year" on current page. Nothing can be misunderstood to be later than that, at least for a person who is buying his / her first Tesla and haven't followed the history.

I am just clarifying that it's "this year" on current page. Nothing can be misunderstood to be later than that, at least for a person who is buying his / her first Tesla and haven't followed the history.

Oh yes. I agree. I just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding.

Yes, Tesla is promising those 2 FSD features for THIS year. We will see if they do it or if the deadline slips.

Reactions: emmz0r