Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Blind Spot Monitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla Owners, I have a new tesla, I was surprised that it does not provide enough warning for blind spots. While it has a Chime setting, I have never heard the Chime.

In my other cars, the light flashing in the mirrors+Chime were very good and have saved me in very precarious settings.

Probably current Teslsa do not have the option of light flash in the rear view mirrors, but maybe it is a simple software code to create Chime sound and maybe some light flash when there is someone in a blind spot path?

Or, my tesla has a problem!!!

Would love to learn from others.

NHTSA should make Blind Spot Monitoring in side view mirrors required. Looking at the center console when changing lanes (specially to the left) is dangerous & STUPID! I expect more from Tesla. Everyone else provides this safety feature.
You can also set the car to stop you from driving into another car.

I agree traditional BSM is better, but it’s not that hard to check your blind spot.

I think we have entered the stage where regular consumers are buying these cars more than enthusiasts and it will be interesting to see how Tesla responds.

If you think the lack of traditional BSM is bad, wait until you see how much shorter the highway range is than the rated range.

Reactions: laservet
Upvote 0
These make a huge difference, virtually eliminating the blind spots. Suma Performance
Holy Jesus, what a rip off! Talk about a severe case of marking the price up to "ridiculous". They charge $160, plus shipping. 😂 You can buy these for $20 (this includes shipping) from AliExpress or $40 from Amazon.

And yes, they are the exact same product. I have them on both my Tesla's and work great. I don't have blind spots between these and the center display.

• Funny
Reactions: mylapore
Upvote 0
Holy Jesus, what a rip off! Talk about a severe case of marking the price up to "ridiculous". They charge $160, plus shipping. 😂 You can buy these for $20 (this includes shipping) from AliExpress or $40 from Amazon.

And yes, they are the exact same product. I have them on both my Tesla's and work great. I don't have blind spots between these and the center display.
Are you talking about the Suma Performance wide angle side mirrors, blue with heat elements?

I have those too. They work great.

No idea if they are the same as others, but they are great and so is their customer service.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about the Suma Performance wide angle side mirrors, blue with heat elements?

I have those too. They work great.

No idea if they are the same as others, but they are great and so is their customer service.
Yep. Exactly what I am referring to. I have the exact same product. Sumo is severely overpricing these for what they are. I can understand a 100-200% increase for convenience, but an 800% increase?!? That's taking advantage of the customer.

Upvote 0