Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Body Repair Center, 1460 Mabury Rd, San Jose CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone recently have any work done here? The reviews on Yelp aren't so great, but would love to hear feedback from others.

I used them recently. They did a great job and the time frame was reasonable, but it failed their inspection so they had to redo something. That added a couple of days. All in all, pretty good.

The insurance company started off with an estimate using a recycled bumper cover. Tesla's estimate to me used a new bumper and they won't do work with parts they can't trust. The insurance estimate for the bumper cover was $350. A new one from Tesla was $200, with less time listed for labor. After things were taken apart, it turned out that the underlying bumper itself, and the bumper filler needed replacement. Considering that it was a much bigger job, and the estimate was only about $730 higher than the original insurance estimate using reconditioned parts, it seems as if Tesla's prices would have been reasonable even if I had to pay out of pocket.

A lot of places start off with the assumption that a recycled part will be cheaper and don't check beyond that, so I could have ended up with a more expensive job from an independent shop. I'd definitely recommend them regardless of whether somebody else is paying for the repair.