TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Breeding Devotees Even Before Electric Cars Are Built

Discussion in 'News' started by TEG, Jul 17, 2010.

1. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

I've always been curious about who's going to get P1 of Model S. It's nice to know it's someone with an obvious passion for EVs:

2. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

I think Model S production number one will became a Smithsonian piece which may explain why E. Musk is getting car number 2.

I also saw in a video of when the Model S was being debuted at the Space-X plant; Elon Musk was stating that the gentleman in the Model S with him was going to get the first Model S. Only time will tell.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

There will be many Model S' made before number 1 is sold. All will be prime candidates for museums.

How many VPs and EPs of the Roaster were there?

4. PopSmith

That's true. I just said Mr. Adelman was getting P1 because of this:
    I'm not sure on the Roadster. I've seen VPs as high as ~17 mentioned on the forum but I can't recall an EP number.

The Model S will probably have a similar number of VPs and EPs as the Roadster but I guess we'll know in the coming months as they start tickling out of the Tesla Factory.

5. Brian H

Brian H Banned

:tongue: You probably meant "trickling", but I guess "tickling" works, too! :biggrin:

6. PopSmith

Right you are. I will be giddy enough upon hearing P1 has rolled out of the factory that "tickling" will fit just perfect. :biggrin:

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

:smile:

9. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Excellent use for their money! Better than donating it to loon farms like the WWF, etc.

10. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Adelman gets the first customer Model S. He's on the Board, and as soon as the vote had been taken in the meeting confirming production and price, he wrote a check for the full amount and slapped it down in front of Musk.

11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Jurvetson, not Adelman