Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Breeding Devotees Even Before Electric Cars Are Built

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always been curious about who's going to get P1 of Model S. It's nice to know it's someone with an obvious passion for EVs:

I think Model S production number one will became a Smithsonian piece which may explain why E. Musk is getting car number 2.

I also saw in a video of when the Model S was being debuted at the Space-X plant; Elon Musk was stating that the gentleman in the Model S with him was going to get the first Model S. Only time will tell.

I also saw in a video of when the Model S was being debuted at the Space-X plant; Elon Musk was stating that the gentleman in the Model S with him was going to get the first Model S. Only time will tell.

That's true. I just said Mr. Adelman was getting P1 because of this:
Jurvetson had plopped himself at the head...more than 2,200 people - starting with Tesla CEO Elon Musk in the No. 2 spot - have lined up behind him

There will be many Model S' made before number 1 is sold. All will be prime candidates for museums.

How many VPs and EPs of the Roaster were there?

I'm not sure on the Roadster. I've seen VPs as high as ~17 mentioned on the forum but I can't recall an EP number.

The Model S will probably have a similar number of VPs and EPs as the Roadster but I guess we'll know in the coming months as they start tickling out of the Tesla Factory.

I think Model S production number one will became a Smithsonian piece which may explain why E. Musk is getting car number 2.

Adelman gets the first customer Model S. He's on the Board, and as soon as the vote had been taken in the meeting confirming production and price, he wrote a check for the full amount and slapped it down in front of Musk.