Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla can ignore cyclists (yahoo)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about CA DOT? They seem to indicate about 1000 mi in CA alone. Other states are similar. I personally have ridden on I-84 from Just outside Portland to Biggs Junction, among other areas.
Can I ride my bicycle on the freeway?

My apology for doubting you.

Thanks for pointing out the exceptions.

I wonder should Tesla revise its Autopilot claim about "freeway" since now some can include bicycles.

In early days of AP1, I remember Elon said that its Autopilot was not meant for urban settings with pedestrians and bicyclists because that would require a new hardware suite.

Now that we have AP2, the current website claim is still pretty much the same for Enhanced Autopilot.

I assume that if (Enhanced/) Autopilot might eventually work in urban settings but that's a bonus that is not required as indicated on its website.

I assume if I want AP2 to work in urban setting (stop signs, pedestrians, bicyclists...) then I have to pay up for Full Self-Driving capability.

My AP2 sees cyclists, but show them as a car in the display. Nively displays them on the edge of the road, the proper position. Didn't identify a jogger coming towards me or a roller/summer skier though.

I just downloaded 17.26.17 on my AP1 MX and noticed that the car recognized a bicyclist on the sidewalk next to the road. Showed on on my screen as a bicycle, not a moto. AP was not on at the time. Perhaps they've been working on recognition of bikes - it might prevent conflicts between bikes crossing driveways as a Tesla is pulling in!