Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla charger holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are fortunate enough to have a Model X and a Model S. We have 1 High Power Wall Charger, and are waiting for our second one to be delivered. In the interim, we are using the Universal Mobile Charger (UMC) that came with the car (plugged in to a NEMA 14-50 outlet) to allow us to charge both cars at the same time.

The cable for the UMC ended up being a tangled mess pretty quickly. This organizer actually does a great job of keeping the cable off the ground, and making it easily accessible when we need to charge. The plug end of the cable is held securely.

The plastic is sturdy, and the included drywall anchors and screws are more than adequate to support it with the weight of the cable Installation is fast and easy.
挂件2.png

• Informative
Reactions: rdlink
Are there any issues with keeping the charger plugged in 24/7 (which it looks like you have)? I’ve seen elsewhere that the charger should be unplugged when not in use. I’m not sure if it matters or not...

I thought the danger for UMC/CMC NEMA 14-50
was weakening the receptacle by plug/unplugging
too often?

I haven’t heard of risks leaving UMC/CMC plugged
in constantly, other than normal electrical risks
i.e. lighting etc

I thought the danger for UMC/CMC NEMA 14-50
was weakening the receptacle by plug/unplugging
too often?

I haven’t heard of risks leaving UMC/CMC plugged
in constantly, other than normal electrical risks
i.e. lighting etc

Yeah, could definitely see that. The connection between my charger plug and wall outlet is pretty tight, I need to press with a bit of force, and feel like I might damage something each time I plug it in (though my rationale was that I rather spend the 10 bucks for a replacement outlet, than the potential of having to replace the charger itself because I could be “wearing it out”)

That being said, I’m lazy by nature, and if others haven’t had issues with leaving the charger plugged in, I think I’ll do the same.

The cable for the UMC ended up being a tangled mess pretty quickly. This organizer actually does a great job of keeping the cable off the ground, and making it easily accessible when we need to charge. The plug end of the cable is held securely.

The plastic is sturdy, and the included drywall anchors and screws are more than adequate to support it with the weight of the cable Installation is fast and easy.
View attachment 334520

BTW Pony, the charging cable you got is crazy long (or at least looks it in the photo). The one I got seems to be only about half that length. It works for me right now, but if I ever decide on a second Tesla, having that extra length would be sweet, so I don’t have to alternate spots in the garage..

Was that a special order, or did you get the option to choose a length, or just got that as standard?