Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charging Cable Organizer vs Amazon alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(or other similar-looking offerings on Amazon) and could share their assessments of each?

Is one or the other of better quality? Does the “holster” work better/worse on either?

The Amazon product has good reviews and I could have it in 2 days instead of 4+ weeks, so I’m leaning in that direction. But I’d be happy to wait for the Tesla version if there’s any good reason to do so. (This would be for use with the UMC.)

Thanks! :)

Tesla:
upload_2018-7-28_10-5-52.png

(moderator note: removed amazon link as it was reported to have an affiliate tag, which is not allowed)

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-28_10-32-46.png
    upload_2018-7-28_10-32-46.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,571
Last edited by a moderator:
are these necessary? I only ask because I was just thinking about getting something from Home Depot that I can wrap the cord around and just the plug just hang. Does the end that plugs into the Tesla need to be hidden into something for protection?

are these necessary? I only ask because I was just thinking about getting something from Home Depot that I can wrap the cord around and just the plug just hang. Does the end that plugs into the Tesla need to be hidden into something for protection?

In general you want the plug to be clean by putting in holder it prevents bugs / dirt from getting in handle

I have the Tesla organizer for my Model 3 and while it helps organize the cable the adapter won't stay in the holder.
Simply falls out and I've had others try too and they have no luck either. Nothing looks broken.
So that feature, at least for me, is useless but is not really a problem.

Attachments

• Tesla Cable Organizer.PNG
    Tesla Cable Organizer.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,020
I have the Tesla organizer for my Model 3 and while it helps organize the cable the adapter won't stay in the holder.
Simply falls out and I've had others try too and they have no luck either. Nothing looks broken.

thanks for the picture. I got something from home depot for like $5 that will do the same thing. I do understand keeping it clean though too which just leaving it hanging will not do. I wonder if I could some kind of cover for the adapter.

Reactions: P85_DA

Try to give the cord more slack.

Attachments

• 15329154433177540006384011685879.jpg
    15329154433177540006384011685879.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 975
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

Thanks for sharing.

The holster is the whole point for me, so if that doesn't work then it pretty much defeats the purpose. Good to know.