Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla charging cost calculator - Now with monthly figures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calc updated today with what I believe are the new British Gas figures, the price drops from Octopus went live automatically :)

Tracker dropped down today to sub 14p!!

@AndyWarrington - Did the OVO prices come down today?
Morning

Yes they have, daily rates remain the same, unit rate is now 29.61 down from 33.10

👍

Reactions: DaveW
Update on this Dave, as of today, the standard tariff:

Unit rate = £0.2691p/kwh - EV charging now credited back to £0.07pkwh
Standing charge still £0.5887p/day 👍
Thanks Andy, updated!

Didn't realise that the calc had possibly been broken before the weekend for a while, the plugin I built this off changed how it handled custom variables, if I had hair I'd have pulled it out :oops: - All sorted now though, OVO looking very compelling if you charge a decent amount

Screenshot_20231102_080802_Tesla.jpg

I guess I'm average usage (this is for 11K miles in 11 months), but still, I'm very happy with these figures. I don't yet have solar or enough household usage to load shift so Ovo fits very well. And its only going to be better with this recent cost reduction 🤠👍

Last edited:
Updated last night, didn't realise the API for tracker had changed.

This now shows new user sign up prices, which based on yesterday and today are about 3p per kWh more expensive! - doesn't impact existing users yet, but it will do based on their FAQ's :(

Updated last night, didn't realise the API for tracker had changed.

This now shows new user sign up prices, which based on yesterday and today are about 3p per kWh more expensive! - doesn't impact existing users yet, but it will do based on their FAQ's :(
Regards Ovo - they've put their standard pricing up inline with Ofgem in January though the EV tariff remains the same @ £0.07pKwh (credited back for EV charging only) 👍

Regards Ovo - they've put their standard pricing up inline with Ofgem in January though the EV tariff remains the same @ £0.07pKwh (credited back for EV charging only) 👍
Thanks Andy, assume from a quick google, it's now 29p per kWh for the standard rate? Has the standing charge changed at all? As the same result that said 29p per kWh says around 53p for the standing charge!

@DaveW Great website, a couple of nit-picks on the extra info for the OVO Charge Anytime:
It currently reads "** OVO Anytime requires you to have a smart EV charger and allow them control of it, it will only charge your car and credit you back the discount."

It should read "*** OVO Anytime requires you to have a supported car (e.g. Tesla) OR a smart EV charger and allow them control of it through the API, you will only get electricity used to charge your car at the discount rate."

(note the extra * to line up with the note in the table)

@DaveW Great website, a couple of nit-picks on the extra info for the OVO Charge Anytime:
It currently reads "** OVO Anytime requires you to have a smart EV charger and allow them control of it, it will only charge your car and credit you back the discount."

It should read "*** OVO Anytime requires you to have a supported car (e.g. Tesla) OR a smart EV charger and allow them control of it through the API, you will only get electricity used to charge your car at the discount rate."

(note the extra * to line up with the note in the table)
Thank you for this, someone pointed the same out to me on Facebook, had it on my list to sort post Christmas / New Year, sorted now, thank you for the prompt!

Also, the EV rate hours for OVO should be 24 rather than 10 as it will charge constantly if needed at the discount rate (I have had this happen when needing to charge 70% with the UMC)
I've put that as a foot note with the above change, can't really put it as 24 hours, as it'll just mean the calc shows all costs at 7p

This is really useful @DaveW - thanks for taking the time to knock it up. In particular the monthly summaries are fantastic.

If it's possible to add a feature...would it be possible to add the current standard price cap as a row in the comparison tables ? I realise this is regional but expect the variances are so small it would still be really useful. Alternatively, maybe be able to add the custom tariff to the monthly summaries ?

Thanks again !

Thanks Andy, assume from a quick google, it's now 29p per kWh for the standard rate? Has the standing charge changed at all? As the same result that said 29p per kWh says around 53p for the standing charge!
Hi Dave

Update on this starting 1st April

Standing charge - up to £0.6703p/day (from £0.6220p/day)
Unit rate - down to £0.2541p/kWh (from £0.2957p/kWh)
Credit back to £0.07pkWh for the EV charging only

👍