Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Coal Rolling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in good ol Carlsbad NM, where welders run rampant and wild. I get coal rolled daily. My question is... can I put something on the base of my rear bumper that like.... throws leaves or grass clouds at them? Like... leaf rolling.... or even a water vapor. Im no engineer, so i can't design something myself.. but it would be hilarious. Just an idea. Even a confetti popper?

My response is to wait until there is enough clearance to quickly pass through the smoke. Also, I leave extra space behind potential rollers. This presumes the rolling happened at a stop when the light turned green. Do they happen in the middle of the road?

Coolant on a hot exhaust works, but unfortunately we don't have exhausts. A buddy in HS set this up redirecting his windshield sprayer and just extending the tube down to his hot exhaust and adding coolant and a couple of other nasty things, it worked great.

5 options:

Laugh Your Ass Off and engage Bio-Defense Mode
- that seems to entertain them..

Political sticker option, I usually get a thumbs up, that's if I let them pass me, love hearing them beat the crap out of their engine trying. ;)

Other costly options

these guys design smoke screens for armored vehicles.

South African Option - my favorite

Byrna Chemical or Kinetic HD Launcher- sold out (banned in some states), extreme but perfect in the current environment and non-lethal, comes with 5 Projectiles

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: GSP and croman
I live in good ol Carlsbad NM, where welders run rampant and wild. I get coal rolled daily. My question is... can I put something on the base of my rear bumper that like.... throws leaves or grass clouds at them? Like... leaf rolling.... or even a water vapor. Im no engineer, so i can't design something myself.. but it would be hilarious. Just an idea. Even a confetti popper?
Any chance you can just get close enough to use the dashcam to film the coal rolling and the license plate? then you can shame them on social media.

Reactions: CyberGus
I love Diesels but I hate coal rollers. They aren't on a track or towing a heavy trailer. Not frigid out either. Usually the truck is not having mechanical issues. They are just over fueling the motor
I love Diesels but I hate coal rollers. They aren't on a track or towing a heavy trailer. Not frigid out either. Usually the truck is not having mechanical issues. They are just over fueling the motor
Diesels send out dangerous particulates even when they're not rolling coal. When that super black smoke comes out their exhaust pipe, it's usually on purpose, and it's a crime, even in the United States.

Nah I'm not about the shaming, I'm just looking for some fun. Something to prove we can be cool and not Tesla Butts reporting insecure diesel owners (I own one '-'...) The go pedal just ain't enough these days, gotta add some humor. If someone could engineer some grass confetti popper, I'd be down to pay.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Or just get a new hat...

upload_2020-9-11_3-44-17.jpeg