Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cockpit non-app BETA 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the issues I posted about above, I have a couple more.

The geofencing doesn't seem to generate email messages, as they should. I have the default emails checked, but this afternoon, when my wife left one of the geofenced locations and returned home to another, the only email notifications I received were the regular drive started and drive stopped. I assume I should have received messages about leaving and entering the geofenced locations.

Also, on one of today's drives I received a new quarter-mile record notification for a much slower quarter-mile record than I had previously received. Perhaps I've been getting them every drive. I hadn't paid that much attention, because I thought it was possible that all the others were, in fact, new records as my wife drove on the highway. Today's was about 30 seconds slower than the others, so it stood out!

Definitely something for you to look into there.

In addition to the issues I posted about above, I have a couple more.

The geofencing doesn't seem to generate email messages, as they should. I have the default emails checked, but this afternoon, when my wife left one of the geofenced locations and returned home to another, the only email notifications I received were the regular drive started and drive stopped. I assume I should have received messages about leaving and entering the geofenced locations.

Also, on one of today's drives I received a new quarter-mile record notification for a much slower quarter-mile record than I had previously received. Perhaps I've been getting them every drive. I hadn't paid that much attention, because I thought it was possible that all the others were, in fact, new records as my wife drove on the highway. Today's was about 30 seconds slower than the others, so it stood out!

Definitely something for you to look into there.

Hey Andy,

Still looking into the you didn't get alerted on the Geo-fence I am going to continue to look into that.

As far as the notifications about 1/4 and 0-60 they are not "records" it's saying a performance event was recorded. Meaning the system was able to calculate either of the metrics during the "performance window" of the drive not necessary a record. Good idea on having another notification for records though!

Thanks again for your feedback!

Still looking into the you didn't get alerted on the Geo-fence I am going to continue to look into that.

Thanks!

As far as the notifications about 1/4 and 0-60 they are not "records" it's saying a performance event was recorded. Meaning the system was able to calculate either of the metrics during the "performance window" of the drive not necessary a record. Good idea on having another notification for records though!

OK, that makes sense to a point. But then what is stopping me from getting 100 such messages when I'm on a 25 mile highway drive? Unless I'm mistaken, I've received one per drive.

There are still issues with these.

Below are my charge started and charge stopped notifications:

--
Charging started at Jan 19 2017 5:00AM. Rated Range: 188.89mi, Estimated Range: 161.54mi. Battery Level: 76%. Estimated Charge Time: 1:04:00 hour(s). Estimated Charge Completion Time: Jan 19 2017 6:04AM. Odometer: 38,087.09mi. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
--

--
Charging completed at Jan 19 2017 5:43AM. Rated Range: 225.18mi, Estimated Range: 192.52mi. Battery Level: 90%. Actual Charge Time: -2:0*:0*. kWh added: 10. Overhead -3.79 miles, -1.18 kWh. Efficiency 111.66%. Odometer: 38,087.09mi. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
--

The start email looks fine.

The stopped email still has issues with Actual Charge Time formating (asterisks, etc.). Also the overhead data and efficiency seem to be off.

Thanks for getting this added, and addressing my question.

I'm wondering if you might improve the usability of the geofencing by allowing us to specify a location based on locations in the drive history. I'd like to be able to select a location the car has been at, name it, and geofence it. (For now I wound up getting the latitudes and longitudes from TeslaFi, but most of your users wouldn't be able to do that.)

Is there a way to set a radius around a geofenced location? If not, I think there probably should be.

Also, once a location is named this way, the drive notifications should use the names provided.

Just trying to help you improve your site.

Thanks!

Thanks again for the feedback!

The configuration page now has a second for "My Locations" which can be picked from "common destinations". Those locations can be used to add Geo-fences.

The UI for the radius of Geo-fences is forthcoming along with many other goodies early next week.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Performance metrics are calculated at the end of the drive, only the lowest valid sample is "recorded".

That makes sense too. Though I would think that for the 0-60 times you may want to report all of them. If someone goes out to do some launches, they will probably want all their launch times.

Thinking more about it, some people might want all their 1/4 mile times too, so perhaps that could be an option.

Thanks!

That makes sense too. Though I would think that for the 0-60 times you may want to report all of them. If someone goes out to do some launches, they will probably want all their launch times.

Thinking more about it, some people might want all their 1/4 mile times too, so perhaps that could be an option.

Thanks!

Agreed, having them all would be nice and initially that's how it worked. To get those stats we have to hit the car and API pretty hard all the time and even drivers that love perf stats don't care all the time. That's where the performance window setting comes from.

Thanks again for the feedback!

The configuration page now has a second for "My Locations" which can be picked from "common destinations". Those locations can be used to add Geo-fences.

The UI for the radius of Geo-fences is forthcoming along with many other goodies early next week.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Radius and some other fixes are up.

geofenceinformation.png

Hi Ryan

I just took the plunge and gave your website a spin. Nice work. Just a simple question but I seem to be unable to locate a specific Log Out control. Is it hidden somewhere?

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your intelligent scheduled charging capability in future releases.

Thank you for the kind words and for giving the site a try. It really means a lot.

When you say log out do you mean the browser session, meaning you would have to log back in in a new browser session? just want to be sure and thanks again!

Just the ability to download previous drives, with destinations if possible, in .csv so that it could go to a spreadsheet.
Love your data-Thanks for the work, it is appreciated!

Hey Nosken!

Thanks for giving the system a shot and the feedback. An "Export Drives" link has been added to the Drive page which exports your drive data to csv and depending on your browser/platform open right up into excel.

Take a look at let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Thanks again for the feedback and have a great night.

Hey Nosken!

Thanks for giving the system a shot and the feedback. An "Export Drives" link has been added to the Drive page which exports your drive data to csv and depending on your browser/platform open right up into excel.

Take a look at let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Thanks again for the feedback and have a great night.

That is so useful! Are the start/end coordinates available as export, or like the great mapping shown on the dashboard?

This is great stuff!

Thank you!

Reactions: Newport Ryan
Thank you for the kind words and for giving the site a try. It really means a lot.

When you say log out do you mean the browser session, meaning you would have to log back in in a new browser session? just want to be sure and thanks again!

Just to clarify, after I log in to look at my driving stats etc, do I just close the browser when I am done? Also I have noticed that some notifications (like Drive Ended) won't retain my unchecking on the email column. Meaning, I uncheck it, log back in and it shows up as checked.

Just to clarify, after I log in to look at my driving stats etc, do I just close the browser when I am done? Also I have noticed that some notifications (like Drive Ended) won't retain my unchecking on the email column. Meaning, I uncheck it, log back in and it shows up as checked.

Yes you can just close the browser when you are done, nothing else is needed.

On the notifications settings after you uncheck/check a notification click off that record and it will update. We are going to add back in an update button which makes it clearer that the notification setting was updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes you can just close the browser when you are done, nothing else is needed.

On the notifications settings after you uncheck/check a notification click off that record and it will update. We are going to add back in an update button which makes it clearer that the notification setting was updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to apologize Ryan. When something is free, everything is a gift with no expectations. Consider our feedback as intended to help you make your product better and better.

Agreed, having them all would be nice and initially that's how it worked. To get those stats we have to hit the car and API pretty hard all the time and even drivers that love perf stats don't care all the time. That's where the performance window setting comes from.

I thought the performance window setting just impacted how often the car is queried, and when the more frequent querying starts. Back to the multiple performance drive records, you said up thread that you were only including the best from each drive. But that implies that you are still recording all of them, in order to determine which one is the best. If you are recording all of them, you hitting the API pretty hard anyway, and you have the data collected.

Assuming the above is true, I'm just suggesting you provide an option to report this data that you have collected anyway.

Sorry for all the messages, but I just thought of something else.

I think there is some real issue with your calculation of quarter-mile time. Here is one of the messages I have received:

--
Best quarter mile was 23.75 seconds. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
--

This was a trip that included 70 MPH highway travel. In fact the drive correctly reported a max speed of 70 MPH. At a top speed of 60 MPH, a quarter mile would take 15 seconds, so it would take a little less time at 70 MPH. Is it possible there is an issue with the formula you are using?

Thanks!

Reactions: Newport Ryan
A drive is calculated as the time the car goes from park to drive and then back to park. Performance segments within the drive start at which the vehicle goes from 0mph to something other than that and does not decelerate until the vehicle reaches 60mph and/or goes a quarter mile.

I have a bunch of open questions in the posts above. And your most recent response, which I'm sure was supposed to address just one of them, doesn't actually address any of them.

Until recently you had been quite responsive to issues raised in this thread. If you have decided not to support your site as it initially appeared you were going to, that's fine. But if you are planning on supporting it, please read through my posts above and then please address the several issues I raised.

Thanks!