Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla & Companies Turkey Talks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anon2

Of Course I Trust You Will Do The Right Thing
It was very disheartening to me learning SpaceX represented by Elon Musk has entered into contractual agreements with Turkey to launch satellites and is in apparent car business talks. Which means Tesla's brand may become a part of Turkish culture. A blemish on Turkey's history is the Armenian genocide an humanitarian crime for which it has yet to acknowledge. 48 states in America have officially made public acknowledgment of this horrific intent to destroy Armenians as was the Holocaust and Blacks during slavery and years following Emancipation into Jim Crow era. Mixed reactions suggest it is strictly business but I am choosing to trust Tesla leadership, particularly, will do the right thing in keeping ethical partnerships with nations that have a positive progressive human rights record.

I am a moderate conservative but also stand for inclusion to the degree that we value human life. That excludes any attempt outright or covert to destroy it. In my estimation it was not necessary to collaborate with Turkey as there are many other countries, not perfect but histories void of mass genocide, who would do business with Tesla and affiliates. I believe that as far as a sustainable future of our planet is concerned Tesla brand is the better option. Message to leadership - don't blow this once in a lifetime moment to not just change the world with technology but by making business decisions rooted in the value of people over power product brand appeal.

Yes it's personal. I stood with Armenians in downtown LA in front the Turkish Consulate appealing that they acknowledge the acts committed so long ago. Instead someone flew a plane overhead denouncing our right to protest against the Turkish Government. Do you really want Tesla or even SpaceX to be associated with that kind of stain on human history? Karma. Mindfulness.

2017-11-13-23-28-15.jpg

Last edited:
...A blemish on Turkey's history...

Business do not have borders or loyalty.

They only abstaining from doing business if the publicity or laws may hurt them.

Back to Tesla, if reducing gasoline consumption is the goal and the enemies are willing to comply then I see why Tesla should not advance that goal with the collaboration of enemies as long as the laws allow it.

@rachelawilson I'm Turkish man , i read your comment and this is your idea (destroy armanians). We don't beleive that. Whatever, question is What is the relationship between your word( destroy armanians) and contractual agreement? I was born in 92. I will be electric and electronic engineer and i am one of people beleive in our future is electricity future. I Hope Elon Musk wil have agreement whole around the world. Because this is our world and this is our future. We need get rid of combastional engine and we have to chance this renewable energy like solar , wind , geothermal and hydro. i hope you beleive that. Because past is in the past.

I'm Turkish man , i read your comment and this is your idea (destroy armanians)
See Armenian Genocide - Wikipedia

You can pretend something didn’t happen. But it did happen.

That horrific part of Turkish history should not prevent Tesla from selling cars in Turkey any more than Putin’s ruthless authoritarianism should prevent Tesla from selling cars in Russia or Xi Jinping’s imprisonment of dissidents should prevent Tesla from selling cars in China or...I could go on with many more examples.