Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Corsa @ Buttonwillow - New personal best lap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow awesome lap! That point-by by the white car at Phil Hill was super clutch, that person definitely was paying attention/great to share a track with.

Was this without VSC and ABS?
Yes, very aware driver there. I could see him getting off line early, setting me up for the pass well enough to not lose too much time. The bummer is that I missed 1st place in Street class 2 by a quarter second. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Yes, all TC, ABS and regen braking was off. It is really the only way to get a decent lap in the RWD.

Great job man! It was great meeting you this weekend. I couldn’t imagine tracking without at least MPP rotors. I currently have their sport coil overs, rear control arms and lines with Unplugged sway bars (softest setting front and rear this time) and Front/Rear Track pads, I tried the MPP street pads and track pads but still had fade. This time with UP front and rear pads no fade.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoreAgain
I did not. Good to know. Thanks!

I have not tried theGTR pads myself so I am not 100% sure. I just know that RB sells the pads below for our cars and it says that it fits the GTR rears brakes.

Brake Pad for RB4M Caliper, Brembo GT40, GTR Rear (Cobalt XR1 Track compound, not suitable for street)

Screenshot_20191016-221204.png

How bad were the stock brakes at Buttonwillow?
The first event I attended in the Model 3 at Buttonwillow (Tesla Corsa 2) I had the stock brakes with UnPlugged Performance Sport brake pads and they held up fine. I took that same set up to Big Willow and put some serious wear on them. The 3rd event on that same set up was back at Buttonwillow where they finally gave out. The front pads were down to metal and the rotors were grooved.

Depending on how hard you are on brakes, you may be fine for a single event, but if you want to drive in anger, best off to upgrade brakes and tires first.

20190415_153321.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: hocr
How bad were the stock brakes at Buttonwillow?
Bad. I was probably the only guy at this event with stock brakes and I regretted every minute of it after my 3rd lap. The booster will still let you push through the fade which is awesome for a track day, but the pads are down to half after this one event. Upgraded fluid and pedal is still soft so waiting for replacement pads from UP.

Bad. I was probably the only guy at this event with stock brakes and I regretted every minute of it after my 3rd lap. The booster will still let you push through the fade which is awesome for a track day, but the pads are down to half after this one event. Upgraded fluid and pedal is still soft so waiting for replacement pads from UP.
I am going back with UP pads since my pads ran out so damn quick.

Reactions: ArcticSun
Finally got a chance to review the data. Looks like the traffic at Phil Hill cost me .6 seconds compared to my average lap and 1.1 seconds compared to my best time through that sector. Looking for a 2:05 next time out.

Makes sense, kinda rough with how close you were to the best time :/ At least he didn't keep you behind him for a few corners and totally ruin the lap though!

PS - I like the tow hook paint haha

Reactions: MoreAgain