Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla courtesy cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone tried to get one? Twice now on visits to Tesla Park Royal for routine service/repair that was supposed to last a few hours and turned into a two day effort for no obvious reason, I was refused a courtesy car when I asked for one at the end of day one. When I was there to collect the car I politely grilled the so-called "service" adviser about this and whether they offered courtesy cars, The poor guy looked like a frightened teddy bear and after about three or four times me asking "Do you supply courtesy cars?" he could dodge the question no more and said "Sometimes but only if your MCU fails but we hope to get some soon". Is this just Park Royal or is it a big FU to customers everywhere from Tesla?

Anyone tried to get one? Twice now on visits to Tesla Park Royal for routine service/repair that was supposed to last a few hours and turned into a two day effort for no obvious reason, I was refused a courtesy car when I asked for one at the end of day one. When I was there to collect the car I politely grilled the so-called "service" adviser about this and whether they offered courtesy cars, The poor guy looked like a frightened teddy bear and after about three or four times me asking "Do you supply courtesy cars?" he could dodge the question no more and said "Sometimes but only if your MCU fails but we hope to get some soon". Is this just Park Royal or is it a big FU to customers everywhere from Tesla?
Across the pond in the USA, Tesla is moving rapidly (or rabidly) toward Uber credits only. I've gotten a loaner twice in the last couple of months but the advisor told me they were depleting their stock and probably wouldn't have any by year's end. But this is Tesla and things always seem to change on a whim. Maybe if enough people complain, this will be restored.

@Pablodog Tesla use to be very good at supplying courtesy cars, I've had various S/Xs in my time, and even had my car collected/dropped off at work/home on a number of occasions - my nearest service center is 50 miles away.

But it appears Model 3 demands have pushed things the otherway, however even recently as April/May this year I was given a loan car for some warranty work on my X. I've certainly never had a courtesy car request denied. So maybe its service centre dependent.

I think it is largely dependent on the site. I have always been given a loaner car, usually a 2016 red model X or a 2017 MSM model S. They are somewhat apologetic to me when they don’t have an X available, although I don’t really care what loaner they give me.

I think it is largely dependent on the site. I have always been given a loaner car, usually a 2016 red model X or a 2017 MSM model S. They are somewhat apologetic to me when they don’t have an X available, although I don’t really care what loaner they give me.

The only time I ever got a model X loaner, was when I requested it. I had my Model S at the time and was interested in upgrading. They put me in a brand new Model X, and made sure my S did not clear out until about 5 minutes before closing, so I had to keep the loaner over the weekend (aww, sorry). But that was in 2017. I doubt that would happen these days. Otherwise always "classic" model S.

Remember when Elon promised the highest-end flagship Teslas would be given as loaners for service appointments? Seems like this is highly rare, and even getting an old Model S is unlikely. Tesla has vastly improved same-day in-house and mobile repair, but service that takes longer than a day is still their biggest weakpoint.