Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Crackling Sound Near Driver Windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

Have had my P3D+ since August and love it. Noticed this sound after taking delivery of the car. Haven't been able to have service duplicate it even though it happens all the time. Going back in next week and want to see if anyone else has this. It sounds like scraping / crackling / I don't know. It only happens when car has been sitting for a few hours. Won't happen typically for more than 4-5 minutes after starting to drive. After that the car has to sit again.

Any ideas?

Does it only happen with HVAC on? I think it's related to contraction/expansion of wood when temp changes and causes rubbing. When equalized it stops. I believe there is a service bulletin for it and a fix that involves putting some lube on the parts.

same with me. Clicking noise when the car is "Heat Soaked" or left outside for an extended time. Took it to service center and they said it's a contracting / expansion issue and the sound is "within spec" and normal. Kinda pissed so I'm taking it in again in two weeks.

same with me. Clicking noise when the car is "Heat Soaked" or left outside for an extended time. Took it to service center and they said it's a contracting / expansion issue and the sound is "within spec" and normal. Kinda pissed so I'm taking it in again in two weeks.

Does yours still do it? I've had my car for about 2 months and it's driving me crazy.