Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cracks top 5 in Consumer Reports brand perception survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Whats the deal here

Tesla was fifth in the poll, up from 11th last year, behind namesake brands of Toyota Motor Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co. as well as General Motors Co.'s Chevrolet, the magazine said today. The results are from a December survey of 1,578 vehicle owners asked to rank brand attributes including quality, safety, value, design and technology.

read more at http://www.autonews.com/article/201...5-in-consumer-reports-brand-perception-survey

So I saw many articles with a simliar headline as this thread. Then when I saw the actual article from Consumer reports it appears Tesla is ranked tenth in the new survey not 5th

Kirkp linked this in the investors forum : 2013 Car Brand Perception Survey | Best Car Brands - Consumer Reports

can anyone else confirm this? Is this just bad reporting by the masses?

So I saw many articles with a simliar headline as this thread. Then when I saw the actual article from Consumer reports it appears Tesla is ranked tenth in the new survey not 5th

Kirkp linked this in the investors forum : 2013 Car Brand Perception Survey | Best Car Brands - Consumer Reports

can anyone else confirm this? Is this just bad reporting by the masses?

I assume that that is the 2013 list and this latest is related to the 2014 list. This article from consumer reports states it clearly that Tesla moved up to 5th http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2014/02/2014-car-brand-perception-survey/index.htm

I assume that that is the 2013 list and this latest is related to the 2014 list. This article from consumer reports states it clearly that Tesla moved up to 5th http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2014/02/2014-car-brand-perception-survey/index.htm

Very, very impressive results for a startup automaker.

Tesla also scored #1 for technology and innovation, and were way ahead of #2. What is surprising is that the general public understands this. With Tesla's ad budget, it is quite a feat that the general public has even heard of Tesla, let alone know about their technical leadership.

GSP

Tesla top 5 in 2014 Consumer Reports Brand Survey!

Toyota, Ford, Honda & Chevrolet Dominate Consumer Reports 2014 Car-Brand Perception Survey -- YONKERS, N.Y., Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Despite the negative press that has hit Tesla over the recent past few months (you know, those car fires)... Tesla has jumped into the 5th position on their branding survey.

interesting thing on this survey is that it is based on what people "think" about a brand vs actual facts. This is great for Tesla to get this high this fast because that means it is quickly in its way to becoming a household name. Up there with the same reputation in the US as Ford, Honda and Toyota (although we have quite a ways to go to make it to Toyota's level.)

People know Tesla, and they know them in a very positive way!