Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cut prices in North America & China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you think that?
'Free' supercharging leads to overcrowding at superchargers. The more 'free' supercharging cars in an area, the faster Tesla needs to build out the infrastructure.
As they are not able to build them as fast as demand warrants, it leads to inefficiencies. I can hurt the brand if it gets too bad, and definitely hurts the earnings.
As an owner (who would love to not have to wait when a SC is needed) and an investor, doing away with 'free' supercharging is the best thing they can do.

Looks like inventory cars still advertise free SC whereas new orders do not. Wonder if that will accelerate sales of existing MS/MX inventory. Inventory also has the new price cuts, so best of both worlds for now if interested in a MS/MX. I just saw one MS disappear while writing this post. 2 more MS in my area still showing available.

So, trade in values tank per Tesla (their trade in value drops nearly 20% for me, while CarMax, carvana and kbb instant trade and local Subaru dealer are all around the same as pre shut down), Tesla won't price match CarMax trade any longer so I'm effectively losing now 30% including sales tax credit for trade if I trade, and model Y is not included in these price cuts.

You guys. I get being excited about a vehicle and accepting a little bit of an unfair deal. But this is a straight up hosing.

We are taking the brunt of the losses for Tesla. Delay, delay, delay. The car will still be available in 6 months

Same here - my M3 trade in value dropped 4k in two months (same mileage). This is insane.