Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's got a multiyear lead time, how many of those that drop out will be replaced by others in the coming year or two?

Just like the Model 3 people got so hung up on reservation numbers but they are selling hundreds of thousands more than they ever got reservations for. Eventually there will be millions of them sold without reservation.

There is no reason to be hung up on how many people reserve Model Y or Cybertruck.

Exactly! But IMHO the Cybertrk will be the opposite, lots of reservations, very few actually sold.

The light truck market is over two million units a year in the US. There's a tremendous market potential there. Why go with something so polarizing?

1. Tesla can't product 2 million trucks a year
2. that design allows them to make more trucks, quicker and cheaper
3. If they can't make all the trucks they can sell, no reason not to make them in a way that only appeals to some. They still can't make as many as they can sell either way. So focus on increasing output as opposed to pleasing everybody.

• Love
Reactions: gavine
Can't wait.
20171010_140326 copy.jpg

Oh please. What's compromised about a Ford F250 vs. this Cybertruck? What does the Cybertruck do better than the F250, as a direct result of its exterior design?

. Maybe trucks look the way they do after 100 years because everyone's settled on the solution that works best for 99% of the usage a truck will get?
You really need to read some of the articles people posted explaining the benefits of this weird design. A chassis that was designed for an ICE is not ideal for an EV. The cab-on-frame design doesn’t lend itself well to a skateboard battery pack or good handling. Every other manufacturer except Tesla is making compromises for aesthetics. It’s about time people dump the old design and get used to something that works better for EVs. As usual, the company with some balls is going to drag the rest kicking and screaming.

Last edited:
I don’t get it. Of all the possible designs that people said they were hoping to see (including plenty of people here who have a deposit down) suggested they would want to see a faceted triangle on wheels - yet folks are drooling over this for some reason. I’m beginning to think you’d have ordered anything that rolled across the stage and defended it. Go back to the pre-event posts and see what most Tesla folks were hoping to see.

I don’t get it. Of all the possible designs that people said they were hoping to see (including plenty of people here who have a deposit down) suggested they would want to see a faceted triangle on wheels - yet folks are drooling over this for some reason. I’m beginning to think you’d have ordered anything that rolled across the stage and defended it. Go back to the pre-event posts and see what most Tesla folks were hoping to see.

The specifications are impressive, especially for the 500+ mile range model. It isn't just about the different look.

Reactions: gavine and JRP3
Lordstown, Bollinger, Ford, GM, Tesla all have electric pickup trucks coming out. Anyone care to hazard a guess which one has the best sales?
RT
It appears to me that they all have serious problems. The first one to build in serious numbers will have huge advantage in sales, however I do not see any of these guys making the top 20 any time soon.

Lordstown - looks promising, but they seem like a long ways from producing a vehicle.

Bollinger - Way, way over priced.

Ford - Why would they want to undercut the biggest cash cow in their line up ? Will the Ford dealers even stock an EV ? (doubtful)

GM - EV-1 enough said.

Tesla - Ugliest dang thing on 4 wheels.

My daughter and I were making fun of the regular (now outdated) pickup trucks on the highway today.
It tickles me pink that everyone on the Tesla forums makes it sound like its gave over for all other trucks. People don't purchase vehicles purely on specs - and people certainly won't ignore the emotional response they feel regarding the physical form of their vehicle. I'm happy that Tesla secured 150k+ $100 reservations, but that is really meaningless until people start plunking down $40k+ for a full size truck that they probably don't need.

Reactions: mattjs33
It tickles me pink that everyone on the Tesla forums makes it sound like its gave over for all other trucks. People don't purchase vehicles purely on specs - and people certainly won't ignore the emotional response they feel regarding the physical form of their vehicle. I'm happy that Tesla secured 150k+ $100 reservations, but that is really meaningless until people start plunking down $40k+ for a full size truck that they probably don't need.

It's a 40k EV that seats 6, won't rust, and hauls a lot. It is also an arcade and home theater. Don't get trapped into thinking it is only a truck.