Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drops regenerative braking options for new EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove a friend's 2020 a few weeks ago and picked up my 2021 yesterday. I wouldn't say I could detect any difference in the ride. It's been one of my most serious reservations about buying a Model 3/Y (the other being the ridiculously small and dark rear window) but my friend insisted that you get used to the ride so I decided to commit.

I drove a friend's 2020 a few weeks ago and picked up my 2021 yesterday. I wouldn't say I could detect any difference in the ride. It's been one of my most serious reservations about buying a Model 3/Y (the other being the ridiculously small and dark rear window) but my friend insisted that you get used to the ride so I decided to commit.
Oops, posted in the wrong thread, sorry!

Yes, I understand, that doesn't happen, when doing that it slows down quickly (in either 'creep' or 'hold').

I tried Creep out last night, and you are correct. During normal driving the regen is basically the same; at low speed is where the creep kicks in. It must have had a combination of cold battery (less regen) and being caught off guard at intersections as the car creeped. I have used Roll/Hold for over 2 years, so Creep was startling. (I switched profiles while in reverse, and my wife uses Creep).

Reactions: frankvb