Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EPA Mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I'm new to this forum. I recently rented a Tesla on our summer vacation in the Okanogan and must say it was everything I had hoped for an more. I am currently looking to buy a Tesla Model S and have been watching the Tesla Inventory - both new and used. There are a couple of points I am confused about and hoped someone my help me out:

1. On the Tesla site under "Custom Order" I noticed that the range of the P100D Model S has recently been changed to 507 km where as the New P100D on the New Inventory page has an EPA range of 613 km. Was there recently a change in the EPA range rating for the Model S?
  2. With regard to pricing on the Used Inventory page I have noticed that the price of a unit is gradually decreased until the unit is sold - kind of like a dutch auction. I have been watching this page for some time and noticed that today the prices jumped back up to the original prices of a couple of weeks ago - is this normal?

Hi. 507 km EPA rated range displayed on the Canadian Design Studio for Model S P100D is correct. 613 km EPA displayed on the Canadian New Inventory page here for Model S P100D is incorrect. 613 km is actually the European rated range called NEDC. It shouldn't be displayed on the Canadian page. It's a web page error. I took a screenshot here for the record. I'm sure it will be fixed.

By the way, 507 km is not a realistic score for the Model S P100D either. The actual score was 488 km but that was with the 19" wheels. Check out my table here.

1. With regard to pricing on the Used Inventory page I have noticed that the price of a unit is gradually decreased until the unit is sold - kind of like a dutch auction. I have been watching this page for some time and noticed that today the prices jumped back up to the original prices of a couple of weeks ago - is this normal?

Correct, prices drop steadily, but there have been cases where they go back up or reset. See this thread where it is being discussed.

Also, check out ev-cpo.com or @EV-CPO as a resource during your research. There is no specific pattern, so it’s assumed there is some algorithm being used but nobody knows how it works.

CPO (used) prices

Good luck and happy hunting!