Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV tax credit extension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None of the politics belong in this thread. Keep that stuff in the off topic section, or some political blog. Discussion of the credit or lack thereof, fine. I dont come to this site to read about politics, regardless of which side of our very divided country you are on.
Say what? This thread is about a government program to give a tax credit. Currently in our country, Democrats support a tax credit for EVs, and Republicans don't, for whatever reason.

By definition, this thread is ALL about politics.

Say what? This thread is about a government program to give a tax credit. Currently in our country, Democrats support a tax credit for EVs, and Republicans don't, for whatever reason.

By definition, this thread is ALL about politics.

The posts that I was specifically objecting to seem to have been removed (possibly by moderator?). Taking a quick glance through the thread after getting this notice of someone quoting me, the thread now appears to be a regular discussion, which yes I agree the subject covers government action.

The posts I was objecting to were similar in nature to something someone would find in a political blog somewhere, vs the somewhat regular discussion that is happening now in this thread.

Fair enough. I didn't see this thread until 5 minutes before I posted. Do the mods here regularly do stuff like that? I would think locking the the thread and warning the abusers would be a more effective solution than deleting posts and leaving no trace.

"Canada officially bans Tesla from any EV rebates and incentives".
https://ww.electrek.co/2019/04/17/canadas-electric-car-incentive-tesla-ineligible/

It appears that Canada 'trashed Tesla back in April. Is this correct? I imagine Elon is not happy about this either. Personally, I think both the US and Canada are wrong to pull subsidies from Tesla as its an unfair advantage to Tesla.

Thanks for the apology and yes, I'd rather see politics discussed elsewhere. Love my Tesla and appreciate this forum.