Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some suggestions. (merely suggestions - feel free to ignore)

1) The Long Tailpipe - I do not think people outside the EV enthusiast circle know that term. We can refer to the phrase in the response if we define it, but I do not think it should be the title of that section. Maybe just "Will EVs just move pollution elsewhere?" or perhaps someone can come up with something more succinct.

2) Engine Noise - The current tempest in a teapot is about EVs vs blind pedestrians. This should get addressed here.

3) Battery Life - we should update this to mention Tesla's latest claims that the batteries will last 7-10 years.

4) Battery Disposal - We should include the mythbusters link from Tesla's site:
Tesla Motors - Engineering

5) Battery Replacement - We should mention the 7 year $12,000 battery replacement program

6) Lotus Elise -> we should include the Tesla mythbusters link on this too:
Tesla Motors - Marketing

7) Performance - The Roadster is now electronically limited to 125. We should probably also try to be accurate on the real world performance numbers of MY2008 4.1s 0-60 vs MY2009 3.9s 0-60 vs Sport 3.7s 0-60. We also might also wish to disclose the top-end reduction with overheating

8) Range - I am confused on the final official numbers of that. I think the ones on the FAQ are old, but I am not sure what the final numbers are.

9) Cold Weather - Will the car truly be sluggish initially in cold weather? I was under the impression the battery climate control would keep the car ready to go immediately. We should also have a Hot Weather section. Or just a Effects of Weather section.

10) Charging Time- Might want to mention the proposed 440v charging proposed for the Model S that they have said will eventually come to the Roadster.

11) Credibility - We should also say - Go to a Tesla store and ask for a test drive!