Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Follow on to Model S 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with a client of mine today and we got to talking about Tesla and his brother is a production line supervisor at Fremont, specifically on Model S interior. He said that more than likely there will be no major redesign anytime soon... said that the word there is they will continue to slowly update features like they have been but I guess interior updates are what people are asking/wishing for the most and from what he said it would take an extreme amount of operational change to modify structural changes in the S, referring to changing the shape or layout of the interior and components and that has not been on any meetings or plans this year. I guess they have updated a ton of things from window washers motors, cameras, to even speakers with new parts in the last 6 months and said that’s the most he’s seen in awhile. He said they are very hush hush on new tech or things to come but sounded like all the Focus is on Model 3 production and also focus on increasing build quality right now.

I spoke with a client of mine today and we got to talking about Tesla and his brother is a production line supervisor at Fremont, specifically on Model S interior. He said that more than likely there will be no major redesign anytime soon... said that the word there is they will continue to slowly update features like they have been but I guess interior updates are what people are asking/wishing for the most and from what he said it would take an extreme amount of operational change to modify structural changes in the S, referring to changing the shape or layout of the interior and components and that has not been on any meetings or plans this year. I guess they have updated a ton of things from window washers motors, cameras, to even speakers with new parts in the last 6 months and said that’s the most he’s seen in awhile. He said they are very hush hush on new tech or things to come but sounded like all the Focus is on Model 3 production and also focus on increasing build quality right now.

When did the new speakers happen? Did they also change the amp?

I tend not to put a lot of credibility in these sorts of anecdotes. Besides the long info chain, I doubt very much that a floor supervisor is going to be in on a significant tooling change. That’s would be a different team, and I’m sure that Tesla would be keeping it all exceedingly quiet.

The market pressures are building. A long range, AWD performance model 3 with lots of available options will start to cannibalize the S. Tesla knows that.

Tesla is putting all their efforts into cranking out model 3s. I highly doubt any effort is being put into diverting precious resources, cash, and time to a supposed Model S "update," at least with anything major like a brand new battery pack.

In anticipation of an update to the 2018 model S I have read that it may have model three batteries which go further and that the range may be 500 miles and possibly the new screen that is in the roadster might replace The embedded computer screen in the dash

Elon in a tweet said “We can make a 500 mile model S S0ON but it will cost more” I love it when the head decision maker can make statements about the future and the rank and file are caught by surprise. I am planning to buy “refreshed” interior and exterior Model S hence I have my money set aside for a $180,000 car some time in August or October based primarily on the expectation Elon’s Tweet and bunches of YouTube video and internet tweets. I believe the next generation MS be a knock out compaired to what is comming from new competors. I know in the past years Elon has made statements that 100kw battery was enough but to stay ahead of the compition you have go with what the markets opportunity over time.

Elon in a tweet said “We can make a 500 mile model S S0ON but it will cost more” I love it when the head decision maker can make statements about the future and the rank and file are caught by surprise. I am planning to buy “refreshed” interior and exterior Model S hence I have my money set aside for a $180,000 car some time in August or October based primarily on the expectation Elon’s Tweet and bunches of YouTube video and internet tweets. I believe the next generation MS be a knock out compaired to what is comming from new competors. I know in the past years Elon has made statements that 100kw battery was enough but to stay ahead of the compition you have go with what the markets opportunity over time.

Don’t forget Elon is a genius and a multitasker and he is way ahead or other CEO’s that’s why I am joining the Tesla family from a Jaguar background.