Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Twitter Drama from Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elon reacts to criticism from faithful FSD Beta tester @James Locke. We discuss with James to find out his side of the story.

This is a clip from Tesla Motors Club Podcast #24. The full podcast video is available here:

Podcast networks-
Apple Podcasts: ‎‎Tesla Motors Club Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Spotify: Tesla Motors Club Podcast
Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/38bacc87-f8b7-4f5c-aa64-2db865214942
TuneIn: Listen to Tesla Motors Club Podcast on TuneIn
RSS: https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1950101.rss

I am 76 and not a math major--or a tech expert. We purchased our 2020 Tesla Model 3 in good faith and signed on with extra pay for the FSD. This was early on in development. We were in the Beta program awhile back but not driving enough to get decent scores. We got frustrated and dropped out. Now we all have access to FSD. I am willing to try it out, but am a bit apprehensive after reading and listening to the discussions . I am totally into safety. I do not see the point of trying to "cheat" the system and keep my hands on the wheel. I guess I am frustrated with it all--but will persist. I wish there was not so much blaming and attacking when folks discuss their experiences. I come to this forum to hear about others' experiences and perhaps to get some tips and suggestions.
Stay safe, everyone.
A well thought post. You have to remember that the majority of people have a good experience. There are hundreds of thousands of Teslas on the road today and a small number on these forums venting their frustration. Most people, if they are having a good experience don't normally seek out forums to express that unless they are enthusiasts. The majority of people I know who own Teslas don't even know the capabilities of their car, nor do they do regular software updates. They treat them like any other car they've owned and are happy driving them around.

Be careful when testing, and know it's still Beta, and is an assistance feature and not autonomous.

Reactions: Yelobird
I am 76 and not a math major--or a tech expert. We purchased our 2020 Tesla Model 3 in good faith and signed on with extra pay for the FSD. This was early on in development. We were in the Beta program awhile back but not driving enough to get decent scores. We got frustrated and dropped out. Now we all have access to FSD. I am willing to try it out, but am a bit apprehensive after reading and listening to the discussions . I am totally into safety. I do not see the point of trying to "cheat" the system and keep my hands on the wheel. I guess I am frustrated with it all--but will persist. I wish there was not so much blaming and attacking when folks discuss their experiences. I come to this forum to hear about others' experiences and perhaps to get some tips and suggestions.
Stay safe, everyone.
I'm 71, was a computer science major and professional. I was thinking about it today as I was trying to make a cross lane turn I kept having to look left and right and then judge based upon the speed of cars from both directions could I make it in. There is just too much intuition involved and judging car speeds for FSD to figure it out. I think they really need more processing power devoted to doing many moves ahead scenario like chess players

Reactions: 2101Guy