Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well. I guess maybe it'll be like v2g. Might never happen or maybe it'll happen when the time is right. You haven't said anything that makes me think I'm wrong.

I have, even if you don't appear willing to understand it.

If you bother to build a game-streaming system then building one that streams to the car from a robust cloud back end is much easier, cheaper, and lower complexity for both maintenance and support than building one that streams from the car

The car-to-home idea is worse than either local dedicated hardware at all points or streaming only from cloud servers to all clients.

There's a laundry list of technical and economic and business reasons why that's true.

They are all reasons you should think you're wrong if you take the time to understand them.

Paramount of them is Tesla does not tend to put resources into systems that are worse in every way than ones that already exist.

Plus, there's been exactly 0 evidence of any kind they're doing anything related to streaming games anywhere.

100% of remarks from Elon or Tesla (including job posting descriptions) makes it clear they're working on a system for local games and apps in the physical car

• Funny
Reactions: EVWatcher
From @SOULPEDL :

Idea - On topic too!
Ever since I learned yesterday of AMD's gaming hardware inclusion in the S/X refresh, I've been chewing on AMD as investment. Whoa! Then it hit me...

If the car is on Wifi, and your game controller is on Wifi, and the TV is on Wifi, then the game system could easily be in the car while the entertainment is actually in the other room - Game Over!
@Drezil :
Not for shooters, but for strategy-games/mmogs/singleplayer this is reasonable.

You can try the performance/latency right now with things like steam-play (stream to any device .. i.e. your PS5, TV or Phone) & play with a steam-controller.

Nice idea!

And you can visit friends with your game-rig easily :D

Steam integrated in holiday update - end of discussion or will Elon go further?

Well, only for the very newest S/X vehicles.... doesn't even work on the Ryzen 3/Y (which only have integrated graphics), so only available to a very tiny % of fleet.

Which is kinda weird, in that it appears to confirm the Ryzen system in the 3/Y lacks the discrete GPU the S/X got (there was considerable evidence of this previously but some folks still wouldn't believe it).... and also makes the effort to port steam pretty niche since it won't be available to like 95+ percent of cars in the fleet.

In a related story Tesla also just launched an hilariously overpriced 1TB SSD for the car

Well, only for the very newest S/X vehicles.... doesn't even work on the Ryzen 3/Y (which only have integrated graphics), so only available to a very tiny % of fleet.

Which is kinda weird, in that it appears to confirm the Ryzen system in the 3/Y lacks the discrete GPU the S/X got (there was considerable evidence of this previously but some folks still wouldn't believe it).... and also makes the effort to port steam pretty niche since it won't be available to like 95+ percent of cars in the fleet.

In a related story Tesla also just launched an hilariously overpriced 1TB SSD for the car

My assumption is that 3, Y will get the upgrade in ~2 yrs. RT and CT from launch.