TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla gets warning letter from Transport Department for auto pilot?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Optic, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Optic

Optic Member

2. Titus

Titus Member

Who the hell would let Crapple Daily "review" their car???

3. Jian Yang

Jian Yang Member

Use autopilot in the busy city roads and whining about it, what a douche.

4. asiaworldcity

asiaworldcity Member

Exactly, autopilot is not autonomous driving (at least it is not Elon's intention)! v7 is in beta and it can't even read traffic light signal, and this guy expects the car knows what to do when there is a construction site? You are bring yourself into to danger when you don't read the instruction (ONLY USE IN HIGHWAY). When something happens, this is entirely driver's fault.

5. Titus

Titus Member

Sounds about right for Crapple Daily. Their "journalists" will tell you they are interviewing you for one thing and then go back and twist it into an article to whine about everything under the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Crapple Daily just wants to shovel their crap to the masses who loves to lap up negative news and pessimism. They love to shoot down anyone who tries

6. beewalker

beewalker Member

What an improper use of Autopilot! That Daily should have pointed out the misuse issue to the mass.

7. Mikischu

Mikischu Member

Can anyone identify the stickers on the car windscreen?

Is it a rental car?

8. wombat

wombat Member

looks like a Hong Kong Jockey club sticker

9. en-ev

en-ev Member

#9 en-ev, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Couple of my friends texted this news to me today. I shared with them my own good experience with V7 and auto steer beta (I did read the note before the activation). At the end, we agreed that the driver(I hope his is a Tesla owner) likely misinterpreted between autopilot(still in Beta) and autonomous drive when tested V7. Feel sorry for the Fruit Daily too as apparently an unfair/unprofessional report. Sadly, my Mom called and asked me to stop using it too....:crying:

10. msxsnow

msxsnow Member

These people are just crazy, if you have watch the news, the attitude of the driver is also unacceptable. Well you got the car, you read the disclaimer, but seem you have Paid for an P85D, and everyone else owe him.

Auto Steering is only an assistive tool, doesn't means he can totally hands off. And I've watched another vid on YT yesterday, when the TSLA salesman are testing the AP/AS, they never hands off, just verbally saying they only touching the steering, not hands off. Hence this people are just endangering their life themselves, not the car nor the software.

And action from the TD Department, is just the F* reason why HK would never improve, no innovation, nothing. Crapping government + in-accurate news reports, just helps stop EV being popular and a better environment. Thank you our Dumb Gov.

11. en-ev

en-ev Member

agree that SCMP is more reasonable.
    I went to the service center for minor checkup early this week. The staff mentioned he heard Autopilot option might get banned in HK soon or later. Current owners with this option is lucky. Is this coincidence? I hope it won't happen like the web browser feature.

12. 808?

808? Member

Would people who paid for the AP package then get a refund if it is indeed banned?

13. Titus

Titus Member

Also thanks to the "those who can't, become a "journalist" and shoot down everyone else who tries to innovate in order to make yourself look smart"

14. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

#15 Lerxt, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    I won't be installing updates unless I know what is in it from now on. It would show the world that Hong Kong was backward if it was banned.

15. Silverbird

Silverbird Member

Why don't we arrange an rally with autopilot around HK island Kowloon and the New Territory to show to the law makers and general public how safe it is .

16. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Charged HK are the ones who do that sort of thing.

What at needs to happen is that the HK TD needs to keep out of areas if doesn't understand. There are plenty of countries that have significantly great understanding of vehicles that they do. Keep out!

17. beewalker

beewalker Member

18. msxsnow

msxsnow Member

19. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm surprised they actually were forced to roll back the update, probably the first to happen in the world. And for it to happen in Hong Kong because of a "complainer" (and sensationalist media) is kind of sad.