Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gigafactory Investor Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T-minus 90 to Tesla---updating blog | Ralston Reports

Some interesting things posted here I hadn't seen listed before:

Look for huge numbers to be thrown around: $100 billion impact over 10 years, 20 percent-plus impact on Reno economy.

Big tax abatements, but argument that nothing to abate if they are not there.

Tesla giving, too, I hear.

Special session could start as early as Wednesday, but Finance chair Debbie Smith is out of pocket, not returning until early next week. Other logistics also could hold it up, too.

There is also apparently an open letter to the governors office complaining about this deal... (figures)

NPRI sends open letter to Gov. Sandoval on constitutional implications of reported subsidies for Tesla >> Nevada Policy Research Institute

They are trying to claim violation of the NV Constitution:

The State shall not donate or loan money, or its credit, subscribe to or be, interested in the Stock of any company, association, or corporation, except corporations formed for educational or charitable purposes.

Hopefully this doesn't end up becoming an issue... Although choosing not to impose taxes on someone is not the same as giving someone money.

Just to make this a bit easier for forum readers:
BwuR7ZsCYAArksk.jpg

BwuSCdHCAAE9MYe.jpg

BwuSJIqCMAAc3YV.jpg

BwuSPWXCYAEh-Nx.jpg

They turned audio off a while back.

Wise move. I'm guessing a lot of the chit-chat the folks near the mics are speaking is not stuff they'd want the whole world to hear. Political careers have been lost for such. (And many a great Daily Show episode has been gained for such)

Great info in those pages!

"The GigaFactory will add over 3% to the state's GDP" -- this is honestly great for the people of Nevada, and is frankly a politician's dream come true. Sandoval will be remembered as a hero.

Great info in those pages!

"The GigaFactory will add over 3% to the state's GDP" -- this is honestly great for the people of Nevada, and is frankly a politician's dream come true. Sandoval will be remembered as a hero.

Yeah, I am still trying to absorb some of this, but the 3% and the 20% GDP numbers were pretty crazy for one single deal like this. And to think... there are going to be MORE of these and likely more in the US. Manufacturing is back in the US and it is coming strong!

- - - Updated - - -

6,500 jobs "With excellent benefits" -> So far this has been very true. Tesla has really taken care of its employees from what I have heard.