Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gigafactory Investor Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I caught from the end of Elon's talk was that the factory will be shaped like a diamond, the factory will produce its own energy / be self-sustaining, and they will make sure to provide opportunities for the public to see the factory.

Press release is up!

Nevada Selected As Official Site for Tesla Battery Gigafactory | Press Releases | Tesla Motors

gigafactory_aerial.jpg

Gov office cut the live feed as soon as he was finished speaking?

More than likely coincidence given that we probably flooded their servers with more concurrent users than they usually see, but still...really?

Anyway, great stuff in here and in the deal highlights posted on Twitter. This is some serious vindication for Tesla, and TSLA.

That doesn't look like a diamond to me.

Maybe they mean a diamond as you look from the top?

- - - Updated - - -

More than likely coincidence given that we probably flooded their servers with more concurrent users than they usually see, but still...really?

Anyway, great stuff in here and in the deal highlights posted on Twitter. This is some serious vindication for Tesla, and TSLA.

Indeed, watching history be made right here! I still can't believe how good this deal is for Tesla! This is crazy!

So the Nevada legislature still has to approve all this, right? What if they don't?

Exactly my point all along. From the press release:

This is a significant opportunity to make a major stride to improve our statewide economy. I look forward to receiving the necessary information so the Legislature can meet and take necessary action to support this major industry coming to Nevada,“ stated Speaker Marilyn Kirkpatrick.

for those that listened to the press conference, what incentive package (if any) was discussed?

About that pic that's just been put up....

now, this is just a guess, but....I'm going to guess those aren't oil storage tanks between the plant and the wind turbines.

Just sayin'......

About that pic that's just been put up....

now, this is just a guess, but....I'm going to guess those aren't oil storage tanks between the plant and the wind turbines.

Just sayin'......

Geothermal production? Lots of battery storage? Both?

- - - Updated - - -

Is that governor up for reelection this year?

If he is, he just won the votes :D haha!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty fair article. I actually don't mind the loser category. Insurance companies, Film Industry, Car Dealerships... two of those hardly need any real help and the last one? Well... I think we all know how much we care about those guys ;)

My first reaction from looking at Tesla's new non-diamond-shaped diamond-shaped factory photo is:

• No way is that enough parking for 6,500 workers.
• No way is that enough roadway for 6,500 workers.
• No way is that enough roadway for all the trucks and deliveries coming to and fro.
• Imagine running a million gallons per minute through a straw. Right. Not gonna happen.
• They're gonna need more and wider roads.