Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hardware 4.0 to use 5 megapixel camera, production and shipments to Tesla already started (rumor)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not likely Tesla would use new cameras in production without an announcement. What’s your source?
People have been spotting them on new 23s, here’s an article.

People have been spotting them on new 23s, here’s an article.

Seems like a reasonable guess that the new cameras in the article's pics are the upgraded 5MP cameras, but I'm not sure we can rule out a camera change that doesn't correspond to HW4 and 5MP cameras given the supply chain issues recently. I hope you are right. I was mildly peeved that my MY would likely not have USS (EDD November), but if it includes HW4, I'm more on the fence as it certainly seems HW4 will be required for future functionality.

Seems like a reasonable guess that the new cameras in the article's pics are the upgraded 5MP cameras, but I'm not sure we can rule out a camera change that doesn't correspond to HW4 and 5MP cameras given the supply chain issues recently. I hope you are right. I was mildly peeved that my MY would likely not have USS (EDD November), but if it includes HW4, I'm more on the fence as it certainly seems HW4 will be required for future functionality.
Yeah, could just be new supplier with only minor changes, who knows with Tesla they change things around all the time.

Has anyone with the new cameras looked at their dashcam footage to see if there's any difference in quality?

Some people on twitter have posted footage, I don't have the link saved but it looked exactly the same to my eyes, but the video was so compressed on twitter it was hard to say.

Also twitter, so... can take with a grain of salt.

If i can find it I'll post.

Reactions: Zane Liu