Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am loving my P90D, such a wonderful combination of technology and performance. However, having lived in the country for 30 years before moving back to the ACT, I have always placed a great deal of priority on good headlights. This was a necessity to see kangaroos well before you ran into them. Therefore I had either driving lights or HID replacements fitted to all my cars and never (touchwood) hit any animals. IMHO the headlights on the Tesla are not bright enough. Has anyone investigated replacements for them?

Here you go, mate!

Roo bar plus lights.

smt-230010_w.jpg

I personally turn on the front led fog lights and I find they make a huge difference. But still would consider retrofitting. Perhaps buying an OEM US Tesla headlight system. The ones installed for the Australian market are downgraded to comply with the headlight brightness laws.

Those are Narva HID Driving lights ... they project a very long range focused beam.
Somewhat like a high beam on steroids and usually reserved for Rally and Race applications.
I think they would be more aero and look a lot better if they were recessed into the nose cone.

View attachment 103640View attachment 103641
I dont know anything about this one beyond what you can see in the photos.

Those are Narva HID Driving lights ... they project a very long range focused beam.
Somewhat like a high beam on steroids and usually reserved for Rally and Race applications.
I think they would be more aero and look a lot better if they were recessed into the nose cone.
There's probably room to recess these into the nose cone... might look better than tacked onto the front... or you could just put them on a roo bar.
I think if you are seriously worrying about roo damage you need a roo bar... this looks like a good one:
415400074_92025c3d2a_z.jpg

There's probably room to recess these into the nose cone... might look better than tacked onto the front... or you could just put them on a roo bar.
I think if you are seriously worrying about roo damage you need a roo bar... this looks like a good one:
View attachment 103652

I replaced the halogens in my Subaru with Philips 35 watt HIDs, they turn night into day. Might be the go with the Tesla.