Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hire Purchase vs PCP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matt125

Dec 21, 2016
UK
I was wondering if anybody here had managed to get a hire purchase from Tesla rather than the PCP they guide you towards in the configurator.

I'm saving up for as big a down payment as possible for the Model 3 to keep the monthly payments down, and I'm hoping there won't be that big a price to pay at the end (I'm hoping that I'll just pay for the interest).

My current car is on a hire purchase although I am actually the legal owner of the car (provided I pay all the installments). I got the deal with 0% interest so once I'm done, I'm done, although I'm not expecting anything like that for Tesla obviously :)

I'm wondering if Tesla will offer a hire purchase plan for the Model 3 so I won't have to worry about mileage or having to pay a huge sum to keep the car when everything else is paid off...

They offer it now so I can't see why they wouldn't for the 3 as they'll want to shift as many cars as possible. Even if they don't' plenty of other finance houses offer HP.