TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla HPWC Charger 24' Cable, Gen 1, New in Box

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by peakay, Mar 8, 2017.

1. peakay

peakay Member

Hi there,

I have a Tesla HWPC New-In-Box that has never been installed or used in any way. Still has the protective film on the faceplate, comes with manuals and all install hardware that is normally included.

$450 + cost of shipping if any. Local buyers in OC, CA preferred, but will also ship.

PM me with interest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Manzacoty

Manzacoty Member

Are gen 1 more valuable than new Gen 2?

3. peakay

peakay Member

#3 peakay, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    That I don't know - from what I've seen gen 1 go for equivalent to slightly less in price. I saw one for 500 and one for 450 on ebay, so I priced it at the lower end of the two for forum members.

• Like x 1
  4. EVJunkie

EVJunkie Member

Are you by chance interested in a set of staggered Grey 21's? I would be willing to give you a $600 credit towards the wheels? I would like to have this charger for a future install but can't convince myself to spend the cash on it. Let me know.

5. peakay

peakay Member

I love the looks of grey 21, but not on our navy blue P85 -- they don't seem to go with blue in my opinion. thanks for the offer though!

• Like x 1
  6. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

Old one charges to 80 amps vs 72 for new one i believe, but new ones can be chained together on a single line for multiple EV's in the future.

7. Manzacoty

Manzacoty Member

My Gen 2 charges at 80amps. I believe it's the newer model cars that are limited to 72amp.

8. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

Thanks for the clarification on that. So really gen 1 is outdated unless u only intend to 1 tesla.

9. peakay

peakay Member

Bump - Anyone want this? Will be moving it to ebay if a forum member doesn't grab it soon.

On the charge side, this unit can be set for a breaker from 40 amp to 100 amp. click here for tesla's manual on this unit.